13th January 2018, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to study next after 12th standard to become an Astronaut?

Which subject to study next after 12th standard to become an Astronaut? Can you please give me the right suggestion for me to follow and reach my goal? How much is the percentage required to apply for astronaut job later? Please guide me. Thanks!

15th January 2018, 04:18 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to study next after 12th standard to become an Astronaut?

You have to pursue B.Tech in Aeronautical from IIT or IISC with very good percentage, then after it, you have to pursue M.Tech in same stream.

To become an Astronaut in future, you have to acquire PhD degree in the branch of physics which leads to space science like:-
PhD (Astro physics)
PhD (Geophysics)
PhD (Metaphysics) etc.

And all the degrees of graduation, post graduation and PhD must be from IITs, IISC because these institute's students get plenty of opportunities to get in NASA as an Astronaut.

After acquiring these degrees, you can appear for entrance examination conducted by NASA at international level for recruiting Astronauts and Scientists.
15th January 2018, 04:59 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to study next after 12th standard to become an Astronaut?

Candidate must have a Bachelor degree in Engineering, Biological Science, Physical Science, Mathematics, Geography, Aviation Management.
If you want to be an astronaut in NASA then you must have to pass a physical exam.
And the requirements are listed below:-
20/20 vision and it should be either naturally or with corrective lenses.
Blood pressure not more than 140/90 in a sitting position.
Height between 62 and 75 inches.

Exact percentage criteria is not declared anywhere but to be in safe Zone you must have to score more than 60% in 12th as well as in graduation.
15th January 2018, 07:23 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue Aerospace engineering to become Astronaut.

PCM subjects in 12th is necessary for engineering course. You can apply for Joint Entrance Examination Main and Advanced to get admission in IITs.

You should have more than 65% marks in bachelor's degree to apply for jobs later.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?