29th January 2015, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Getting a PhD in English from University of Delhi

Dear friends,

i'm an Iranian girl living in Tehran. I hold an MA in English translation studies from a well-reputed university in Tehran.Now i intend to earn a PhD in English from University of Delhi, but i also know nothing about the criteria, application precedures for foreign students, living conditions in India, costs and many other things. Well, i can go to the website, but to tell the truth, i would like to hear such information from some educated or well-meant Indian over there as i still doubt if you want to choose India as my PhD destination... I do like the country, but to live there and get education is a totally different thing.
I would really appreciate it if someone would give me such information or preferably send them to my email which is [email protected] or even chat with me about the topic... As I'm in sort of a hurry, i would be grateful if someone would help me with the information as soon as possible.
Thanks everyone

6th April 2018, 10:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Getting a PhD in English from University of Delhi

As a foreigner, you need to get necessary permission from Ministry to get the nod for admission in India for your Ph.D programme. Just follow the procedure and make sure you have all the relevant documents.

There are limited number of seats available for foreigners at reputed universities in India. Hence, you need to be excellent in academics to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?