7th February 2014, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Options available for me to do PhD?

I have passed M.A(eng lit.) with 53% from guru ghasi das university ,bilaspur.I want to do PHD in english.please give me any option for phd.

15th February 2014, 11:24 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Options available for me to do PhD?

You may go for the Ph.D Degree after your successful completion of your M.A in English.The basic eligibility criteria for doing this Ph.D is minimum of Masters Degree,as you have it you no need to worry.You will need to do Ph.D in English in Full Time mode.So that the programme mode comes under the Regular degree.

The duration of the Ph.D English full time is of Minimum 3 years.It is basically counted frok the date of initial registration.The minimum percentage you must have obtained is 55% marks in your masters degree with a relevant discipline.For this you must first choose the university you want to join.

Then you will have to undergo the selection process of a particular university for further rounds.Basically there will be Two rounds of selection.One is Written test,and soon after clearing this you will have to attend for the Interview then.Generally Admissions in particular discipline will be available subject to the number of available seats.

Some of the colleges offer Ph.D degree in English are, University of Delhi,Panjab University,University of Mumbai,Kurukshetra University.You will under go to study the subjects such as English Language and Literature,Research Methodology,Theory of Translation,Dissertation and more.Soon after completing this doctoral jobs you can find employment in Philosophical Journalist,Editor,Novelist and Writer,Critic,Teacher or Tutor for English subject,Executive Assistant/Bilingual English and more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?