19th January 2014, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Information about MS by research programe in IISC? Difference between MS by research and M.Sc?

Good evening sir, I just wanted to know about the MS by research programe in iisc, bangalore. what is eligibility criteria. I am doing my final year engineering. Will GRE scores help. whats the difference between the regular MSc programe and MS by research programe.

With Regards,
Tejaswini.B

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between M.Sc(Biotechnology) and M.Sc(Clinical research)?
  2. Which one is the best institute for clinical research?
  3. How to write research papers? How to select the topics of research?
  4. MSc in Clinical Research vs. MSc in Biotechnology+Clinical Research Diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I do research after completing MSc in correspondence? Which colleges should I prefer for MSc correspondence?
  6. VMOU M.A. in Education Research Methods in Education (MAED-03) Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  7. Which is the best course in clinical research? whether diploma or msc? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which institutes are best among IISC and IIT in terms of research?
  9. Admission to IISC without a valid GATE score? Research and Integrated Ph.D program help mechanical engineering student?
  10. Which course should I take in MSc Medical Microbiology, MSc Clinical Microbiology and MSc Microbiology? Difference between the three?
  11. When is the entrance test of Bangalore IISC for research in engineering science?
  12. Which course is best to choose between Clinical Research and Bioinformatics
  13. Information on research, scholarships and post graduate vacancies?
  14. What is the full form of MS? Details about it?
  15. How to get into research side with MSc Physics?
  16. Which course is better between MSc Operational Research and MSc statistics? What is the eligibility criteria and procedure?
  17. Which course is better between MSc Operational Research and MSc statistics? What is the eligibility criteria and procedure?
  18. In which field of electronics should I do the research? I am Msc in electronics stude
7th February 2023, 04:04 PM
NaubiShah

Default Re: Information about MS by research programe in IISC? Difference between MS by research and M.Sc?

The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore offers a Master of Science by Research (MS by Research) program in various disciplines such as computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, and engineering. The MS by Research program is a research-oriented program that focuses on independent research in a specialized area.

Yes, IISc considers the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores as one of the admission criteria for its Master of Science (MS) program for Indian students. However, it is not the only admission criterion, and other factors such as academic record, research experience, and references may also be considered.

The difference between MS by Research and M.Sc programs is as follows:
  • Focus: MS by Research programs are research-oriented, whereas M.Sc programs are primarily course-based. MS by Research programs focus on independent research under the guidance of a faculty advisor, whereas M.Sc programs emphasize coursework and a thesis or project.
  • Duration: MS by Research programs are typically shorter in duration compared to M.Sc programs, as they focus on research instead of coursework.
  • Coursework: MS by Research programs may have limited or no coursework requirements, whereas M.Sc programs typically have substantial coursework requirements.
  • Thesis/Dissertation: MS by Research programs require students to complete a substantial research thesis or dissertation, while M.Sc programs may require students to complete a thesis or project.
  • Career Path: MS by Research programs are well suited for students who wish to pursue research-oriented careers in academia or industry, while M.Sc programs are well suited for students who wish to pursue careers in a particular field or as a researcher in industry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?