12th June 2013, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

How to opt for BSc Life Science after completing intermediate with 90%

sir, i have completed my intermediate with 90%. so i want to opt for b.Sc life science(biotechnology,genetics,chemistry) in Bhavan's college . so pls tell me future in that field

26th January 2014, 05:08 PM
sagaryadav199
Member+

Location: india,haryana,rewari,v.p.o gokal garh,house no. 63 ,garhi mohlla.
Default Re: How to opt for BSc Life Science after completing intermediate with 90%

HI FRIENDS........

Well dear scope of Life Science is better and promising one but just having a B.sc limited and less opportunities are available.

So, for a better career prospect you have to opt for Master degree and if possible M.Phil and PhD also for more greater prospect.

So, better go for M.Sc with general Life Science or other demanding branches of Biology and related subjects.

A M.sc/M.Phil/PhD in any of the following scpecializations can better solve your career needs:-
Nanotechnology (Best option if completed PhD)

Biochemistry (Good enough for Lab works and teaching and food processing industry)

Microbiology/Genetics (For a better career in biology and DNA technology)

Biotechnology (I dont think if anything is required to explain)

Bio-informatics (A perfect course for Biology and Computer interested candidates)

BEST OF LUCK.....
27th January 2014, 09:09 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to opt for BSc Life Science after completing intermediate with 90%

It is great that you have scored 90% of marks in your 10+2 which is an excellent performance.

You don't need to attend for any Entrance Exam to join B.Sc course in Life Sciences.

Direct admission will be provided to the candidates to join B.Sc course in many of the colleges. Even if they put percentage of marks criteria also, you don't need to worry about that as you have scored 90% of marks.

Some of the life science subjects that you can opt for at Graduation level will be
Botany
Zoology
Genetics
Biotechnology
Microbiology
Bio-Chemistry
Bio-Informatics etc.

Choose the specialization in B.Sc course with any of the 3 subjects as the subjects in the stream.

As per career scope,

there won't be good number of job opportunities for the candidates in the field of life sciences especially after completion of your B.Sc and M.Sc courses in life sciences.

But if you have strong subject knowledge, then you can get the job.

Initially you will not be offered good salaries. So, you have to compromise on it.

But in research side, you will be having good prospects if you join.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?