13th August 2017, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Is the M.Sc equivalent to NET JRF? Chances to become a permanent Lecturer in college without PhD even if I qualify NET?

I have completed M.Sc Mathematics in distance mode with 70% marks. I want to know is the M.Sc equivalent to NET JRF? Can I become a permanent Lecturer in college without PhD even if I qualify NET?

Related Questions:
  1. Even an INSPIRE fellow has to undergo written and interview process? -- [New]
  2. Eligiblity for becoming a permanent lecturer in the university
  3. Phd after MSC in counselling psychology? also want to give NET and JRF exams -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Procedure of college or university selection after qualifying NET JRF exam for PhD? How an employed person can do Ph.D after qualifying NET JRF exam?
  5. Validity of NET JRF rank card? Can I undergo PhD through NET JRF?
  6. Procedure of college or university selection after qualifying NET JRF exam for PhD? How an employed person can do phd after qualifying NET JRF exam?
  7. Is it necessary to appear in NET/SLET to become a Lecturer in UP and Delhi for a PhD holder?
  8. Is it necessary to qualify the NET exam to become a Lecturer?
  9. Can a 30 years old MA History holder appear in NET JRF exam? Chances to do PhD in History without NET JRF?
  10. Is Ph.d equivalent to NET? How can I get a government job?
  11. How to do Ph.D in Chemistry being a College lecturer?
  12. Chances to become a Lecturer without completing PhD after Masters in ME? Is NET required for it?
  13. To become a Lecturer in which exam I have to appear among JRF and NET?
  14. Steps after clearing NET JRF for PhD entrance?
  15. How can I get certificate after qualifying NET JRF?
  16. Which exam to qualify, CSIR NET or UGC NET to become a degree lecturer?
  17. Can a MMS completed become a lecturer after qualifying JRF exam? What is the basic differences between NET and JRF exam? Which should I choose to be a lecturer?
  18. How much JRF is offered through GATE and UGC-NET? Minimum marks score to study PhD through GATE and UGC-NET?
17th August 2017, 03:13 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is the M.Sc equivalent to NET JRF? Chances to become a permanent Lecturer in college without PhD even if I qualify NET?

I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for the post of Lecturer in any of the College without completing your Ph.D course as there is no such provision of it.
Candidates those who want to become a Lecturer, must have to complete Ph.D course from a recognized University. So, after the completion of M.Sc course and after qualifying in the NET examination, you must apply for the Ph.D course in order to become a Lecturer.
18th August 2017, 09:13 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is the M.Sc equivalent to NET JRF? Chances to become a permanent Lecturer in college without PhD even if I qualify NET?

No, M.Sc is not equivalent to NET JRF, both are two different things.M.Sc is a post-graduation course in science field whereas NET-JRF in an entrance examination which is conducted by University Grant Commission twice in a year.Those who successfully qualify in JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) exam are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post graduation also they can join college or university as an Assistant Professor.
You can become a lecturer in any college on the basis of your masters degree only by simply meeting their eligibility criteria and qualifying interview.
But to become a professor or ast. professor you need to have a doctoral degree that is PhD.
18th August 2017, 10:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NET JRF is not equivalent to M.Sc degree. They are different qualifications and are not equal to each other. For permanent lecturer job in colleges, you need to crack NET/SET with a decent score.

Ph.D is not essential, if you have qualified NET/SET and have good academic credentials. Selection is also based on interview performance.
26th August 2017, 11:43 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed M.Sc Mathematics in distance mode with 70% marks. I want to know is the M.Sc equivalent to NET JRF? Can I become a permanent LectuM.Sc Mathematics in distance mode with 70% marksrer in college without PhD even if I qualify NET?
No, M.Sc degree is not equivalent to NET JRF.

You have completed M.Sc Mathematics in distance mode with 70% marks so you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

Without having Ph.D degree or UGC NET score card, you are not eligible for lecturer post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?