20th March 2015, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

Minimum percentile required in GATE(Life Science) to study PhD in Microbiology in IIT?

Respected Sir,
What should be the GATE score
or percentile in LIFE SCIENCE
to get in IIT for PhD in Microbiology?
Kindly let me know immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get admission in Manipal University to study PhD in Microbiology for a SC candidate who has secured 32.33 percentile in GATE? List of PhD colleges offering admission with this GATE scorecard?
  2. Am I eligible to study PhD in Microbiology with ICAR NET certificate?
  3. Can I do PhD in IIT or NIT if secured 95.96 percentile in GATE-Biotechnology?
  4. Minimum GATE score required to do Ph.D from IIT?
  5. Is GATE exam required for PhD admission in IIT?
  6. Minimum marks required in MA to study PhD? Job in government college is possible after PhD?
  7. List of entrance exams to study PhD in Microbiology in any UGC approved University
  8. Minimum percentile and marks required in CEED for M.Des at IISC?
  9. PhD part time/full time Computer Science in IIT or Foreign university?
  10. Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?
  11. Possibility to persue M.Sc microbiology plus Phd in environmental microbiology or microbiology after B.Tech Biotechnology and gained experience as an RA in Solid waste management
  12. Can I prepare myself for GATE exam by self study?
  13. Colleges for doing Integrated phd in microbiology or MSc medical microbiology along with Phd? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Minimum marks required in M.Sc to get into IIT for PhD in Maths?
  15. In which entrance exam I have to appear for study PhD in Microbiology in US? -- [New]
  16. Minimum marks required in M.Phil to study PhD in History? Total fee and age limit to do PhD?
  17. Part time PhD Marine Microbiology offering colleges in India?
  18. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
26th March 2015, 08:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum percentile required in GATE(Life Science) to study PhD in Microbiology in IIT?

If you have got 95 percentile in GATE or above then you will have some chance of getting admission in a Ph.D program from IIT. In some new IITs the score required might be low according to the reputation of the Institution.

If you have JRF under your belt, then you have a better chance of getting admission in IITs for your Ph.D program. Hence, with JRF/GATE percentile of 95 or above will work in your favor during admission.
4th April 2016, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Minimum percentile required in GATE(Life Science) to study PhD in Microbiology in IIT?

My rank in 2016 gate biotechnology is 554. Can I have a chance to do PhD in related subjects in govt. Colleges
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?