26th February 2015, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD in IIT or NIT if secured 95.96 percentile in GATE-Biotechnology?

Dear Friends..
first of all congratulate to all the GATE Qualifiers...

Now coming to mu question, I am from Biotechnology Stream....
I have scored All India Rank 662
Marks 53.33 Out of 100
GATE Score: 444
Percentile 95.96
Catagory General

Is there any chance for me to get PhD in IIT or nits' ??
Apart from the IIT or nits' which other places i might get admission for PhD?

thanks in Advance.....
have a good Day....

Related Questions:
  1. List of Government Colleges for M.Tech or PhD in Biotechnology taking GATE score for admission? I got 947 rank, 40.67 percentile and 381 score in GATE
  2. From which NIT's or IITs can I pursue M.Tech or Ph.D in biotech? i have passed GATE with 89.36 percentile with 1080 AIR
  3. In which IITs I have a chance to get admission through GATE score for Phd?
  4. Procedure to get admission in Manipal University to study PhD in Microbiology for a SC candidate who has secured 32.33 percentile in GATE? List of PhD colleges offering admission with this GATE scorecard?
  5. Which are the institutes offering Ph.D? Am I eligible to apply for NIT? I am pursuing MSc Biotechnology
  6. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  7. Can I get into IITs or NITs after scoring a GATE percentile of 86.74? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I apply for Ph.D after qualifying GATE with 94.44 percentile?
  9. Am I eligible to get any NIT after scoring 95.35 percentile, 41 marks, 430 score, 7239 AIR
  10. Institutions providing Phd in biotechnology in India through GATE
  11. Can I get PhD or M.Tech in Biomedical engineering at IITs?
  12. What are the career options for M.Tech after scoring 474 in GATE with 96.96 percentile?
  13. Chances of getting IIT and NIT after scoring 4527 in GATE Mechanical with 95.9 percentile
  14. Admission in IITs for PhD with 385 score and 91.9 percentile in GATE?
  15. Can I get admission in IIT if secured 99.55 percentile in GATE-Electrical being a general candidate?
  16. Can I get admission in NIT and IIT without GATE scorecard if secured 32000 rank in GATE(EC)?
  17. Direct PhD in Biotechnology with GATE score is possible? Colleges offering admission?
  18. What is the chance of getting into NIT and IIT with a GATE score of 324?
27th February 2015, 08:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PhD in IIT or NIT if secured 95.96 percentile in GATE-Biotechnology?

For getting admission in a Ph.D program the minimum requirement is a Master's Degree with at least 55% marks. IITs and NITs offer Ph.D admission to candidates who have NET/GATE/SLET score. If you have a excellent score in GATE then there will be greater chance of getting admission in IITs and NITs. Hence, if you don't have a Master's degree then first complete it then you will be able to utilise your GATE score to get admission in a Ph.D program of the respective stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?