13th August 2017, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Is the PET necessary for PhD? Shall I proceed for NET instead of PET?

I am M.Sc Organic Chemistry holder and presently working in Forensic Laboratory as an Assistant Director since 10 years. Now I want to do PhD. Is the PET necessary for it? Shall I proceed for NET instead of PET?

17th August 2017, 08:28 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is the PET necessary for PhD? Shall I proceed for NET instead of PET?

There is no such mandatory that you have to appear in the PET only to apply for the Ph.D course. You can also apply for the NET examination in order to opt for the Ph.D course, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the NET examination.
So, after qualifying in the NET examination, you can definitely get admission to study Ph.D course.
18th August 2017, 03:03 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is the PET necessary for PhD? Shall I proceed for NET instead of PET?

No, PET is not necessary for PhD, you can appear for NET (National Eligibility Test) instead of PET (PhD Eligibility Test).
A candidate must have completed masters degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university so as to do PhD in respective field.
In order to do PhD, a candidate must have to qualify UGC-NET entrance test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?