10th January 2016, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

Ph.D in Physics and maths being in class 9th?

Hi sir, I have a query in my mind, Please solve my query as soon as possible. I am studying in class 9 and want to do phd in both physics and maths.Is it possible?

10th January 2016, 06:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Ph.D in Physics and maths being in class 9th?

You are too young now and you should focus on your present studies now. You must take science with Maths stream if you want to make a career in mathematical field.

Only after doing post graduation in maths you will be eligible for PH.D in the same field. Qualifying exams like GATE/NET/SET/JRF will make your job easy to get admission in a top college or university.
10th January 2016, 07:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir, I have a query in my mind, Please solve my query as soon as possible. I am studying in class 9 and want to do phd in both physics and maths.Is it possible?
You can do Ph.D course in Mathematics. After completion of Ph.D in Mathematics, you can do Ph.D in Physics.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course but you must have valid CSIR NET score card.
11th January 2016, 12:01 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The eligibility to study the PhD is a pass in post graduation with 60% marks. So you have to study either Physics or Mathematics PhD first and then you have to again study the other course (post graduation) and do the other PhD. It is not necessary to do research degree in two different subjects. The aspirant can choose any one of the subject and concentrate on it thoroughly. The course is available in many universities in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?