17th December 2015, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Which is better among Economics and Science to study in 9th ICSE for a candidate who has scored less marks in Maths and Physics?

Hi,
My son is now in class 8th of ICSE Board. He scores very less in Maths and Physics. His strengths are Biology, English, History and Geography. How do I help him for deciding subjects in 9th Grade whether to choose Economics or Science. Please help me on the same.

Related Questions:
  1. Should I choose Science to study in 9th ICSE if weak in Physics?
  2. Science or Commerce, which is better to study in 9th ICSE?
  3. How to make proper study time table to score good marks being in 9th standard? -- [New]
  4. Can I get admission to study Economics Honours in Calcutta University if secured 90.4% in 12th and scored 94 marks in Economics? List of colleges offering Economics Honours without Maths?
  5. Should I have to secured 75 marks in 10th Mathematics of ICSE Board exam for admission in 11th Commerce?
  6. Can I get admission to study B.A.(Economics) if scored 95 marks in Political Science, 88 marks in Economics, 80 marks in Hindi, 79 marks in English and secured 85.5% in 12th Arts?
  7. Chances to study Engineering for a candidate with 24 marks in Maths of 12th AHSEC?
  8. Which is better to choose among Science and Commerce in 9th ICSE if strong in Chemistry and weak in Mathematics?
  9. Can I get Science to study in ISC with 85% in ICSE Board?
  10. English, Maths, Economics and Physics are together considered under Science graduation?
  11. Can I take up Science stream after 10th from ICSE board when passed 10th in EVS?
  12. Possibility to study B.Sc(Physics) for B.A.(Political Science) candidate who is preparing for IAS exam?
  13. How to get good marks in ICSE board exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How many subjects are there to study in 9th ICSE?
  15. Should I study Commerce in ISC if secured 58.6% in 10th ICSE Science?
  16. Is it possible to cope-up with Marathi subject in 9th Maharashtra State Board for ICSE candidate?
  17. Economics or Computer as optional subject for ICSE board exam?
  18. What is the qualification required for M.Phil?
15th January 2016, 10:58 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which is better among Economics and Science to study in 9th ICSE for a candidate who has scored less marks in Maths and Physics?

If your son scores less marks in maths and physics then economics is best for him because in 8th class the syllabus of maths and science is so easy and if your son is not able to score in maths or physics even in 8th class then in 9th these subjects will become more and more hard in that case your son will not able score in these subjects so its better for him to choose economics insted of science in 9th class.
11th January 2018, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which is better among Economics and Science to study in 9th ICSE for a candidate who has scored less marks in Maths and Physics?

My daughter us in 8th std icse school and not Good at Maths but is interested in doing CA, should she drop maths and go in for economic
27th January 2018, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

How do I help my daughter to cope with maths. She is very good in all subjects except maths. Her percentage score drops due to Maths.She has opted for economics instead of science.she is very weak in maths and her school has maths as a compulsory subject.
10th February 2019, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

In our school all subjects are compulsory till 10 class.We have to opt only for economics and computer .if I take economics in 9 I can take science in11
24th February 2020, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

My son has taken maths n dropped science for 9th std ICSE. I want to knw what is better economics or evs as his third group choice.
11th July 2020, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

My daughter will surely take commerce field after 10, so is it advisable to drop science in 9 and 10 or for basic knowledge of science she has to take science??
19th July 2020, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 68 in physics, 74 in chemistry and 75 in mathematics in icse .will I opt for science or go for commerce or for Arts?
24th May 2021, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Iam interested in sciences as a 6 th subject is it better for me to take economics or computer science kindly suggest
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?