17th December 2014, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Is Maths mandatory for B.Sc(Hons) Physics from Delhi University?

passed my 12th class with 95% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. I want to join B.Sc.(Hons) Physics from Delhi University. Please clarify as if Maths is mandatory in 12th class for joining B.Sc.(Hons) Physics from Delhi University. Or I may be given admission in B.Sc. with the condition to clear some additional maths paper in B.Sc. or I will have again to appear in maths in 12th class in academic session 2012-13. If maths in 12th is pre-requisit for B.Sc.(Hons) Physics. If so, is maths mandatory in all Indan Universities.

Also, please guide if some good courses in available in DU in medical strea other than B.Sc.(Hons)-Botany, Zoology or Biology. I require your valuable guidance immediately as reverse counting has already been started in DU for getting admission via cut off list for this year.

Please reply on S.O.S. basis.
Regards,
Rajesh Vashisth

25th December 2014, 07:07 PM
Rahul9596

Default Re: Is Maths mandatory for B.Sc(Hons) Physics from Delhi University?

No, i think it is not necessary to have Mathematics in 12th class if you want to do B.Sc Physics. It is a good course if you want to do this course. There are so many scope in this field and as you have got good marks in 12th class then i think it would be easy to get admission in B.Sc Physics in Delhi university.

And there are also many other courses in medical field like MBBS, BS and if you want to do academic course then you can apply for the B.Sc and as you have choose good subject for the B.Sc then you may apply for this course.

So, Maths is not compulsory for this course. Maths is compulsory for the B.Tech not for the medical field. So, don't worry you can apply for the admission in Delhi university.
25th December 2014, 11:48 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
passed my 12th class with 95% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. I want to join B.Sc.(Hons) Physics from Delhi University. Please clarify as if Maths is mandatory in 12th class for joining B.Sc.(Hons) Physics from Delhi University. Or I may be given admission in B.Sc. with the condition to clear some additional maths paper in B.Sc. or I will have again to appear in maths in 12th class in academic session 2012-13. If maths in 12th is pre-requisit for B.Sc.(Hons) Physics. If so, is maths mandatory in all Indan Universities.

Also, please guide if some good courses in available in DU in medical strea other than B.Sc.(Hons)-Botany, Zoology or Biology. I require your valuable guidance immediately as reverse counting has already been started in DU for getting admission via cut off list for this year.

Please reply on S.O.S. basis.
Regards,
Rajesh Vashisth
Yes, of course you are eligible for B.Sc Physics course after completing 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Mathematics subject is not mandatory for B.Sc Physics. However, If you have studied Mathematics subject then it may added advantage at the time of admission. There is no issue with your educational qualifications so you can apply for B.Sc Physics

Eligibility Criteria:

-> Those who have passed 12th standard with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with any one of the three subjects i.e. Biology/ Mathematics/ Computer Science can apply.

-> Applicant should have obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category i.e. SC category)

Most of the colleges allot direct admission for the candidates based on the mark scored in Physics, Chemistry. However, some reputed colleges may also conduct their own entrance exam as well.

There are so many medical related courses offered by Delhi University. Here, I have listed some medical related courses offered by Delhi university. Hope this will helps you.

Medical Related Courses Offered by Delhi University:

-B.Sc Home Science
-B.Sc Biomedical Science
-B.Sc Bio-Chemistry
-B.Sc Microbiology

Official website - www.du.ac.in
8th April 2015, 10:14 PM
amanshrivastava98

Yes, according to the norms of the UGC,

To pursue the B.Sc. Physics form any university across the country you should have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects inyour higher secondary.

Without Mathematics but having Biology, you can pursue B.Sc. Chemistry or BSc. Botany and zoology but not B.Sc. Physics.
9th April 2015, 08:59 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is not mandatory to have Mathematics to pursue Physics as B.Sc from Delhi University. You will be given admission according to your best three subjects marks in class 12 .
So you are not eligible to get admission in Delhi University according to UGC norms . You are eligible for Botany,Zoology and Chemistry B.Sc hons. only with biology stream in class 12.
2nd June 2015, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Is maths compulsory for BSc physics in du can some expert give me the exact answer please because it's a little confusing thing after reading the above ans
18th November 2015, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

i want to ask that is it necessory to have mathematics in class 12 th to do B.Sc physics honours and B.A. economics honours from delhi university in year 2016
please tell me can a student of biology in class 12th do b.tech from any good field such as nuclear physics or nano technology
also tell other courses related to science stream
25th May 2016, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

I want to do b.sc. Physics hons from du but i dont have maths in class 12th?
28th May 2016, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

While calculating top four subject for BSc physics do I need to add maths?
6th June 2016, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

is mathematics necessary for doing bsc in physics in du ?
also Tell if marks of English are also taken into consideration for making merit in du
3rd May 2017, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

I have not a decent score in maths in 12th but good in other, i.e., in PHYSICS, Chemistry, Biology, English, Physical Education (additional). Is it possible to get admission excluding No. Of maths from best 3 in Bse(Hons) physics?
31st May 2017, 07:20 AM
Unregistered

I have scored 85% overall in PCB stream of 12th.and scored 94 out of 100 in physics. I want to do B. Sc. In physics. Is maths mandatory in 10 2 for that? And if no, which universities offer this course without maths being mandatory?
24th June 2017, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to add maths marks in top 4 for bsc chem hons.
Can't we just add computer marks in top 4???
Please answer immediately
13th June 2019, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Is maths mandatory for doing BSC chemistry hons from Delhi University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?