7th July 2014, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to apply in Ph.D programme for MBBS student in USA? Is there any entrance exam for it?

hi,
I am currently in 4th year MBBS under RGUHS. after completion i am planning for PhD in the USA. Is it possible for me to apply for the course? Do i have to take up any exams for the same? if so what? what are the prerequisite? how long will the course take after MBBS?
I am a little confused. please help me out

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to apply in Ph.D programme for M.E. 2nd year student?
  2. How and when can I apply for Ph.D programme in Loyola? What is the fee structure for the full time course? Is there any entrance exam available to get into Ph.D?
  3. Are we supposed to apply for PhD in USA for Pharmacology after MBBS?
  4. Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  5. In which entrance exam should I appear to get admission in IISER for Integrated Ph.D Chemical Sciences programme being a non-Maths student? Eligibility criteria of the entrance exam?
  6. In which entrance exam to appear for Integrated PhD in IISER? Eligibility criteria and top most coaching for the entrance exam?
  7. mbbs programme and facilities for underprevileged students, cid faculty?
  8. Colleges, entrance exam, duration, fee and application details for PhD in Management (HR)?
  9. Are we supposed to clear USMLE steps to apply for PhD(Pharmacology) in USA?
  10. Books to be followed to get a good rank in AIIMS MBBS entrance exam? What is the course fee of AIIMS MBBS programme? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Is there any possibility to qualify the MBBS test after scoring 173/240?
  12. Is there any possibility to join B.E after MBBS?
  13. Which entrance test do I have to clear to get into a college in US for Ph.D Genetics course?
  14. Is there any future prospects of job (In UK, USA or EU Country) after I do MBBS from Ukraine having ECTS applicable in UK or USA?
  15. How to complete Ph.D from USA being an Indian M.Tech student? Do we have to complete MS before joining in USA?
  16. Agricultural colleges/Universities with eligibility criteria offering Ph.D programme for M.Sc(Microbiology) student? Is there any entrance exam for admission? -- [New]
  17. PhD programme in mathematics in Coimbatore
  18. Eligibility, scholarship, Visa procedure and exam details about PhD in Biotechnology from USA?
11th July 2017, 10:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to apply in Ph.D programme for MBBS student in USA? Is there any entrance exam for it?

You need to appear for GRE, if you are looking for admission in Ph.D admission in a country like USA. GRE is the most widely accepted score by reputed universities in US for research programmes.

Hence, try to score well in GRE and then apply for admission at the concerned university. IELTS/TOEFL score will be required for English proficiency, in which you need just a qualifying score according to university standards.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?