22nd January 2015, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to do Ph.D if I have less than 60% in 12th?

I belong to andhrapradesh.I completed my mca with aggregate of 75%.My percentages are below 60 in graduation and intermediate.I want to do phd now.can u please tell me if there is any possibility for doing phd and how i have to proceed for that

22nd January 2015, 11:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to do Ph.D if I have less than 60% in 12th?

You are definitely eligible for Ph.D admission if you have got MCA qualification with 75% marks. Your 12th marks are taken into account for Ph.D admission, therefore, don't worry and be prepared for the entrance exam for Ph.D admission.

Ph.D admission is also done through NET/SLET score and if you have qualified any of these exams then you can directly apply for admission in a Ph.D program. If you don't have then be prepared for Ph.D entrance exam conducted by the University.

Every University release their notification for Ph.D admission and you can apply according to the notification. Some give admission on the basis of Master's degree also but most of them conduct entrance exam. Therefore, be prepared for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?