9th December 2015, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to do PhD in Pharmaceutical Technology for M.Pharma postgraduate? Detailed procedure to apply?

Sir,
I am a Pharmacy graduate completed my M.Pharma in Pharmaceutical Technology. Now I want to do my PhD in the same subject. I am GPAT qualified. I want to know what is the procedure, which is the domain to be chosen, the syllabus, how to apply? I don't have enough information and even assistance to help me out. Please do reply.
Thanking you!
K.Mrudula

24th February 2023, 04:47 PM
ManojTejPratap

Default Re: Procedure to do PhD in Pharmaceutical Technology for M.Pharma postgraduate? Detailed procedure to apply?

To pursue a PhD in Pharmaceutical Technology, you can follow these steps:

Decide on the domain: Pharmaceutical Technology is a vast field, so you need to decide on the specific area you want to specialize in. It can be drug design and development, drug delivery systems, formulation development, pharmacokinetics, or any other area of your interest.

Search for universities and institutes: Look for universities and institutes that offer PhD programs in Pharmaceutical Technology. You can start with a basic online search or consult with professors, research scholars, or colleagues in the field.

Check eligibility criteria: Once you have shortlisted the universities/institutes, check their eligibility criteria for PhD admission. Generally, you need to have a Master's degree in Pharmacy or a related field with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks. Some universities may require you to qualify for entrance exams such as GPAT, GATE, or NET.

Prepare for entrance exams: If the university requires you to qualify for an entrance exam, start preparing for the same. You can refer to previous years' question papers, study materials, and online resources to prepare for the exam.

Apply for admission: Once you have met the eligibility criteria and qualified for the entrance exam (if required), you can apply for PhD admission. Fill in the application form, attach the required documents, and pay the application fee as per the university's guidelines.

Appear for an interview: If you are shortlisted for PhD admission, you may need to appear for an interview conducted by the university's admission committee. The interview may test your knowledge, skills, research aptitude, and suitability for the PhD program.

Start your PhD: Once you are selected for PhD admission, you can start your research work as per the university's guidelines and your research supervisor's instructions.

As for the syllabus, it may vary from university to university and depends on the specific domain you choose. You can refer to the university's website or prospectus for the syllabus details.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?