9th August 2014, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Pursuing PhD in Microbiology at the age of 36 years after a long gap?

I have completed my M.Sc by research (2001) in microbiology from mumbai university. At that time we had to answer 2 question paper wherein i scored 50%. After that i joined hospital industry and worked for 10 years. After which i took a break from work due to my pregnancy. I NOW WISH TO PURSUE HIGHER STUDIES AND COMPLETE MY PHD SO THAT I CAN GET BACK TO MY CAREER . PLEASE HELP ME. i AM 36 YRS.

Related Questions:
  1. Age limits for those who have a long gap between graduation and masters?
  2. Gap after post graduation is a problem for pursuing PhD from foreign?
  3. Best long distance universities for doing masters after doing BSc in Microbiology?
  4. Colleges for doing Integrated phd in microbiology or MSc medical microbiology along with Phd? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Duration of PhD in Microbiology at CCMB or other universities? Can CSIR be clared in 6 months?
  6. Eligibility for M.Sc(Microbiology) after B.Sc(Microbiology) and DMLT nearly 18 years ago? Subjects to be opted for M.Sc?
  7. Can I apply for Ph.D in Islamic Studies programme in Osmania University being a 28 years old M.Sc in Microbiology candidate? Duration of Ph.D in Islamic Studies?
  8. Part time PhD Marine Microbiology offering colleges in India?
  9. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
  10. Institutes and admission procedure for PhD in Microbiology?
  11. Which subject should I choose after pursuing Ph.D in Physics?
  12. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  13. What to do after masters in Microbiology? How to apply for scholarship's abr?ad/
  14. How to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completing MSc Microbiology?
  15. PhD programme in Europe with scholarship in Immunology? Which institute gives scholarship for PhD?
  16. Can a PG Diploma holder having 15 years experience do PhD?
  17. Is doing B.Ed. after a long gap not valuable?
  18. Possibility to persue M.Sc microbiology plus Phd in environmental microbiology or microbiology after B.Tech Biotechnology and gained experience as an RA in Solid waste management
30th October 2014, 09:34 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Pursuing PhD in Microbiology at the age of 36 years after a long gap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my M.Sc by research (2001) in microbiology from mumbai university. At that time we had to answer 2 question paper wherein i scored 50%. After that i joined hospital industry and worked for 10 years. After which i took a break from work due to my pregnancy. I NOW WISH TO PURSUE HIGHER STUDIES AND COMPLETE MY PHD SO THAT I CAN GET BACK TO MY CAREER . PLEASE HELP ME. i AM 36 YRS.
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for Ph.D in Microbiology course. There is no age limit for Ph.D course. There are so many colleges which offers Ph.D Microbiology course.

Education Qualification:- Master's Degree in the respective discipline from any UGC recognized University or equivalent grade from recognized university.

Admission Procedure:- Admission Procedure is based on Entrance test.

Admission Procedure:-

Application form and other details can be downloaded from respective university. The important details regarding application form will be updated in official website of respective university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?