26th April 2015, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Should I study correspondence PhD if Teaching at Higher Secondary Level? Course duration of PhD?

Sir,
I have to require the time period
of PhD course that how much time
requires to complete the PhD course?
I have completed M.Sc in Physics and
teaching at Higher Secondary level.
Kindly tell me I should do PhD by correspondence?

6th May 2015, 11:08 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I study correspondence PhD if Teaching at Higher Secondary Level? Course duration of PhD?

Since you have completed M.Sc in Physics, you are eligible for Ph.D in correspondence.
The Course duration of PhD is around 2 to 3 years.

Colleges for Ph.D in correspondence in India are as follows:

Amity
IGNOU
NIBMS, Borivali East
Nalanda Open university
Goa University
Tamhankars Institute of Finance & Technology, Navi Mumbai
Sikkim Manipal university
Kakatiya University.
Venkateshwara College of Distance Education, Andheri West
7th May 2015, 09:56 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I study correspondence PhD if Teaching at Higher Secondary Level? Course duration of PhD?

The course of PhD does not have a stipulated time period and it varies from candidate to candidate.
You will have to complete your research paper and you will have to submit it and once it gets accepted you will be awarded with the PhD Degree.
So it is entirely dependent on you and your guide who will be guiding you during your course.
The course of PhD generally takes around 4 years to complete if pursued in a regular way.
If you will pursue the course as a correspondence course the you will require at least 4 years to complete your course.
It can take more time as you will be pursuing the course by correspondence.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?