26th April 2015, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study Part Time PhD in Commerce for M.Com postgraduate who is working in Dubai?

Hello Sir,
I have completed my M.Com but
now I am working in Dubai.
I want to do Part Time PhD in Commerce.
Is there any way for this?
Please reply to me immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to do part time PhD course in Chennai for M.Sc postgraduate?
  2. Possibility to pursue Part Time Ph.D for MCA postgraduate?
  3. Colleges in Dubai offering part time diploma in mechanical?
  4. Which is the best study centre in Dubai? I am studying ICWA in Dubai
  5. List of universities which offer Part Time PhD in Computer Science to M.Sc postgraduate? Total expenses to study Part Time PhD? -- [New]
  6. How to study part time diploma in mechanical course in Dubai? I have completed ITI
  7. Possibility to pursue part time PhD in Tamil Nadu University for Computer Science postgraduate?
  8. Part time PhD course in Chennai for Chemistry postgraduate who is working in a Cement Industry?
  9. Possibility to study PhD in Commerce through Regular Mode but without attending class?
  10. Can I do part time PhD from UAE after completing MCA from Madras university?
  11. Procedure to study Part Time PhD related to Life Science for M.Sc(Zoology) postgraduate?
  12. How to join in B.Tech course while working in Dubai? What is the fee structure?
  13. How to study mechanical diploma course while working in Dubai?
  14. Any possibility for part time course and patent law course while working in Pharmaceutical Industry? Fee structure of it?
  15. Universities in India which offer Part time PhD in Geography?
  16. How should I join M.Phil and Ph.D in Commerce? Is there any entrance test? How much percentage is required for the test? Can I do M.Phil or Ph.D in Commerce after B.Com or M.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Is it possible to do ICWA course from Dubai? What is the procedure and requirement for that? I am a graduate in commerce and working in Dubai
  18. Is NET mandatory for PhD? Which books to refer for NET? Best university for PhD in Commerce?
6th May 2015, 10:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Part Time PhD in Commerce for M.Com postgraduate who is working in Dubai?

If you want to do distance Ph.D then surely you can apply for admission if you fulfill the eligibility criteria. You must have at least 55% marks in your M.Com if you belong to General category because this is the minimum criteria for Ph.D admission. For reserved category candidates there is relaxation of 5% marks.

You have to visit the University if you are taking admission from Dubai. You can apply for admission in IGNOU which has many campuses and it will help you to visit the regional center when required. You have to appear for entrance exam which is conducted by IGNOU for Ph.D admission. If you have NET/SLET/JRF score then you won't have to appear for entrance exam.
7th May 2015, 11:04 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Part Time PhD in Commerce for M.Com postgraduate who is working in Dubai?

There is no way in which you can pursue your PhD in Part Time from Dubai.
The course of PhD when pursued as a Part Time course requires the student to work with his PhD guide during the weekends so that the course can be completed within an acceptable period of time.
If it is possible to visit India every weekend then you will have a chance but it will be very tough and hectic for you to pursue Part Time PhD in this way.
So it will be best for you drop this idea of pursuing PhD as a Part Time course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?