13th June 2016, 03:11 PM
sandhyajoe

Is there any problem in getting doctorate from a Deemed university?

Hi All,

I have joined ph.d in sathyabama university. After I get joined here, many of my friends warned me that "If you pursue ph.d from deemed university, you will be stick with only deemed university. You can't get guideship or job from government universities". Is it true? Please clarify me.

Regards,
Santhiya

16th June 2016, 12:36 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any problem in getting doctorate from a Deemed university?

NO, it is completely a myth that you cannot get a job in government sector if you have pursued PhD from Deemed university. The PhD from deemed university is equally valid and you can opt for job opportunity in any organization whether government or private with regard to your degree. You need to make sure that your university has the right to conduct PhD course and is awarded Deemed status by competent authorities like UGC. Since Sathyabama university is a well recognized university and is accredited by NAAC as well, so there is nothing to worry. You can also request college authority to give you the proof of the recognition of the university which will help you be self-satisfied.
20th March 2017, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have finished my Msc in microbiology from mangalore university with first rank, and I have joined in Yenepoya University (A deemed university) but I am having one more option that is central university kerala. which will be best is there will be any problem of pursuing PhD from deemed university
19th July 2019, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

I want to pursue PhD to deemed university. Is it any problem to do phd to deemed university. To governments collage
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?