24th December 2014, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Time span for regular PhD Mathematics? What to choose family or IIT tag?

Respected sir I have been selected for regular phD maths at IIT Roorkee....I have many other family liabilities to serve...Can I get to know how much time would it take to complete my research work???? I am very hard working but now I am in a state of dilemma....What to choose family or IIT tag!!!!Can I change it from regular to part time schedule????

Related Questions:
  1. How may I do Ph.D course in Mathematics? I'm studing in 12th standard
  2. Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?
  3. How can I go for PhD in Mathematics after 12th? Duration of course? In how many streams can I do PhD?
  4. PhD part time/full time Computer Science in IIT or Foreign university?
  5. How can I study Ph.D in Mathematics directly being a M.Sc post graduate?
  6. Reputed college or institute in India for PhD in CSE/IT? Whether to do regular PhD or part time?
  7. Is part time Phd is valuable and equivalent to regular PhD? Is there any special benefits and scholarships? various entrance exams in india for getting fellowships or scholarships?
  8. How can I directly join Ph.D mathematics? I have completed MSc Mathematics
  9. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  10. Which subject should I choose after pursuing Ph.D in Physics?
  11. What should I prefer between Ph.D and Job?
  12. Which type of PhD should I do full time or part time? Going to university daily is necessary in regular PhD? Syllabus, books and question papers for it?
  13. Duration of regular PhD after clearing NET and JRF?
  14. What should I choose between M.Sc in IISC and M.Tech in IIT-B for doing PhD in Aerospace Engineering in future?
  15. PHD in IIT through GATE? Calling mode for PHD in IITs? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. After clearing all entrance hurdles of IIT and NIT shall I have to wait for the guide of my subject to be available (or become free) to start research work?
  17. GPAT is beneficial for PhD in Pharmacy? Details about criteria and scholarship?
  18. Duration of PhD course? Doing M.Phil before PhD will effect the duration of PhD?
22nd March 2018, 07:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Time span for regular PhD Mathematics? What to choose family or IIT tag?

Ph.D in mathematics at IIT, Roorkee is definitely an excellent course, if you want to enter academics and research stream. It will help you to teach as a lecturer at top universities. IIT is certainly the best place to study maths.

Maximum time duration for completing your Ph.D is 5 years. You can also get a teaching job, while doing your research, which is an added advantage with this option. Ph.D definitely requires a lot of time and it will affect your personal life.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?