12th May 2014, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

After clearing all entrance hurdles of IIT and NIT shall I have to wait for the guide of my subject to be available (or become free) to start research work?

I have done MTech from Pune university in Dec 2013 & trying for PhD from NIT or IIT, As per my knowledge i read that to get enroll for PhD(residential/regular course) in IIT or NIT u have to clear their entrance exam & interview. So my question is after clearing all entrance hurdle's shall i have to wait for the guide of my subject to be available (or become free) to start research work at that institute. I also heard that PhD guides at all IIT or NIT was preoccupied to give chance to new students is it the case, please explain.
regards,
chandrakant

20th May 2014, 09:36 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After clearing all entrance hurdles of IIT and NIT shall I have to wait for the guide of my subject to be available (or become free) to start research work?

Yes, a project guide or research guide is needed to pursue the Phd degree. There is no need to take tension regarding the guide since even though the professors of IITs and NITs are preoccupied with various other tasks and research work, they will give time for you as well. At a time, a guide handles various research scholars. You need to do your thesis under the guide and show all kind of reports and advances to him/her. Usually the guides suggest various Phd research topics to the students and the students choose among them accordingly. The experience and knowledge of the guide is essential to achieve success in your project or research.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?