21st February 2017, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

What is the duration of doing M.Pharm along with Ph.D?

Is the duration of course of M.Pharm with phd is 2 years? What is the duration of doing M.Pharm along with Ph.D? Can you please give me the right information on this? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon on the same. Thanks!

22nd February 2017, 07:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the duration of doing M.Pharm along with Ph.D?

If it is an integrated course, then duration can be of 5 years duration in most cases. It depends on the university or institute. Normally, not many universities offer such a course in India.

If you pursue Ph.D after M.Pharm, then you will have greater option like working as a lecturer and pursuing Ph.D along with it, which you can't do with an integrated course.
23rd February 2017, 11:48 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is the duration of course of M.Pharm with phd is 2 years? What is the duration of doing M.Pharm along with Ph.D? Can you please give me the right information on this? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon on the same. Thanks!
Sorry, it is not possible to do M.Pharm along with PhD. The basic eligibility to do PhD in Pharmacy is, candidates should have obtained Master’s Degree in Pharmacy with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university. So first you have to complete M.Pharm to pursue PhD. The duration of M.Pharm will be two years. The minimum duration of PhD in Pharmacy will be three years. The admission to the PhD in Pharmacy will be done through an entrance examination and interview conducted by the university. The PhD in Pharmacy is available in various universities in India.
23rd February 2017, 10:04 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

The duration of the M.Pharma course is of 2 to 5 years.
Same as the above, the duration of the Ph.D course is also of 2 to 5 years to complete.
After successfully completing M.Pharma course, you can apply for the Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?