13th October 2016, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for applying Ph.D after completion of M.Tech?

Sir/Mam,

I completed my M.Tech, now I want to do my phd, so plz send me the detail description about how to apply for phd...? Can you please guide me with the complete steps which we have to follow? Awaiting to get the information on this. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Need Help in applying For PhD in Biotechnology : From where to get scholarship for doing this course?
  2. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D course after completion of MCA?
  3. Procedure to apply for Distance PhD(Computer Science) for M.Tech(CSE) student?
  4. What is the procedure followed for applying Ph.D after completion of M.Tech?
  5. How may I do Ph.D or M.Ed? What's the applying procedure for the same? I've done M.Sc , B.Ed
  6. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What should I do next after completion of graduation? M.Tech or MS in US?
  8. How can I do my Ph.D through correspondence? What's the applying procedure for the same?
  9. Procedure to do PhD in abroad after completion of M.Sc? -- [New]
  10. Eligibility for M.Tech, M.Tech (Res) and PhD in IITs?
  11. Am I eligible to do Phd in Psychology after completion of M.D in Homeo?
  12. Does ISRO offer PhD in Physics course to M.Sc candidate? Procedure to apply?
  13. ISRO offers PhD in Physics course to M.Sc candidate? Procedure to apply?
  14. What's the procedure for applying Ph.D program in Meerut University? What's the last date for form submission for the same? How may I get the application forms for the same? Will they conduct any exam for the same?
  15. What is the procedure to be followed for applying CA course after completion of graduation?
  16. What is the procedure followed for applying Ph.D in IIT after completion of M.E with 7.2 CGPA?
  17. What is the procedure followed for applying Ph.D in Biotechnology after completion of M.Sc?
  18. Whether GATE is mandatory for admission in PhD course at IISC, Bangalore?
13th October 2016, 05:23 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for applying Ph.D after completion of M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I completed my M.Tech, now I want to do my phd, so plz send me the detail description about how to apply for phd...? Can you please guide me with the complete steps which we have to follow? Awaiting to get the information on this. Thank you!

The aspirant after completion of M.Tech can apply online for the admission to PhD in the relevant subject. The universities conduct PhD Entrance Examination and Interview for the admission. The applicant must have passed M.Tech or M.E with over 55% marks is eligible to apply for PhD entrance examination. Candidates who have cleared NET/GATE/SET in the last two years shall be exempted from the written part of selection process. But they have to attend the Personal Interview for the admission. The PhD is available in regular and part time modes.
13th October 2016, 07:42 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for applying Ph.D after completion of M.Tech?

The minimum of qualification required to pursue PhD is post graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks from recognised University and relaxation of 5% is given to the candidates of reserved categories. There is no age bar to apply for PHD. You have to qualify NET in order to pursue PhD whatever subject you want.
You have completed your Masters degree hence you are eligible to apply for NET exam.
13th October 2016, 10:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Ph.D, when there is an admission notification by concerned university. Just make sure you apply for it on a prescribed format.

Admission will be based on the performance in the entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned university. If you can crack exams like NET/SET/GATE, then you will get exemption from any other entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?