27th September 2015, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

What are the steps I need to follow to do Ph.D in mathematics? What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in Mathematics?

Hi,

I completed my M.Sc in Mathematics correspondence I want to do Ph.D I want details about it and also which is the easy subject I can select for this? Can someone please let me know the eligibility criteria for taking up the course? Hoping to get the answer soon!

Related Questions:
  1. How can I go for PhD in Mathematics after 12th? Duration of course? In how many streams can I do PhD?
  2. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  3. What are the steps I need to follow to do Ph.D in mathematics? What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in Mathematics? -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  5. How may I do Ph.D course in Mathematics? I'm studing in 12th standard -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I do M.A. in Maths from government aided inter college?
  7. How can I study Ph.D in Mathematics directly being a M.Sc post graduate?
  8. Detailed information and eligibility to study Integrated PhD in Applied Mathematics in TIFR?
  9. How to do Ph.D in Mathematics?
  10. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  11. Detailed information about Part Time PhD in Mathematics course for M.Phil candidate?
  12. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor of Mathematics while doing PhD?
  13. How can I register for PhD(Mathematics) course in JNU? Eligibility and requirements to apply?
  14. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics if having 28 years of Teaching experience after Post Graduation in Mathematics?
  15. How to do PhD in Mathematics having 2 years teaching experience after M.Phil?
  16. How can I directly join Ph.D mathematics? I have completed MSc Mathematics -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Detailed information, procedure to apply and fee structure of PhD in Mathematics program at Delhi University? Syllabus of PhD entrance exam in Delhi University?
  18. Can I do Ph.D in Mathematics after completion of M.E in Chemical? What is the criteria to do Ph.D?
1st October 2015, 01:16 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What are the steps I need to follow to do Ph.D in mathematics? What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in Mathematics?

You need appear for the UGC-NET Examination and once you are able to crack the NET Examination you will be eligible for admission to the course of PhD.
You will be able to take admission to the University of your choice according to the marks you have obtained in the NET Examination.
Students who are able to crack the UGC-NET Examination are provided with the JRF Scholarship if they decide to pursue the course of PhD.
You need to have 55% marks in your Masters Degree to be eligible for the course of PhD.
The easiest subject for you will be any part of Mathematics that you like.
Remember PhD means you will have to do research oriented work on the topic that you choose.
Once you follow these steps you will be able to take admission to the course of PhD in Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?