13th January 2015, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

What are the various entrance exams available to apply for Ph.D in Pharm Chemistry?

Sir,

I am currently doing m pharm from mumbai university in pharm chemistry
from bombay college of pharmacy i want to pursue phd in pharm chem i want to know what are the various entrance exams for phd? what is the syllabus ?
when to start preparations please provide me details

Related Questions:
  1. Scope of PhD in pharmaceutical chemistry after M.Pharm and B.Pharm
  2. Universities/institutions offering PhD in chemistry? Entrance Exams for admission in PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. List of the entrance exams with details for admission in Ph.D course after M.Pharm?
  4. How to do Ph.D after M.Pharmaceutics? Difference between parttime and fulltime PhD?
  5. Procedure to do PhD after M.Sc Chemistry?
  6. Entrance exam to pursue PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  7. Entrance exam for doing PHD in Pharmacy after M.Sc Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  8. Entrance exam for doing PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  9. Am I eligible for PhD in Chemistry after M.Sc in Applied Chemistry? Scope of Applied Chemistry in research field?
  10. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D(Pharmaceutics)? For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET if want to study Ph.D in Ceutics? Basic difference between Part Time and Full Time Ph.D?
  11. When open bharti be held in Rajasthan?
  12. How to do M.Pharm in Gujarat after doing B.Pharm in Karnataka? Which entrance exams to write?
  13. How and when can I apply for Ph.D programme in Loyola? What is the fee structure for the full time course? Is there any entrance exam available to get into Ph.D?
  14. Which exam a B.Pharm student should write to get into M.Pharm course?
  15. Various M.Pharm Entrance Exams After Doing B.Pharm? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Detailed information about the universities conducting Integrated Ph.D(Chemistry) and M.Sc(Chemistry) entrance exams? Which university offers M.Sc Nuclear Chemistry course? How can I get admission?
  17. How to do B.Pharm after doing BSc chemistry and D pharm
  18. Registration procedure of Ph.D(Chemistry) program in Pune University? Detailed information, syllabus and date of Ph.D entrance exam?
15th January 2015, 08:44 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What are the various entrance exams available to apply for Ph.D in Pharm Chemistry?

List Of Entrance Examinations to do PhD in Chemistry:

• CSIR- National Chemical Laboratory Pune Ph.D Admission.
• CSIR-UGC NET.
• Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
• IISC Entrance Test.
• Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) New Delhi Junior Research Fellowship ICMR JRF.
• Kerala University Ph.D in Chemistry Entrance Exam.
• Osmania University Ph.D Entrance Test for Chemistry.
• Pune University Ph.D Chemistry Entrance Exam.
• Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology PhD Entrance Exam.
• Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) Entrance Exam.
• UGC NET.
• Veer Narmad South Gujarat University Ph.D. Entrance Test.

Syllabus:

• Symmetry of molecules.
• Reaction mechanisms of transition metal complexes.
• Strategies in organic synthesis.
• Chemical kinetics & photo chemistry.
• Principles of spetroscopy.
• Chemical kinetics.
• Photo chemistry.

As, you are doing M.Pharma, it is better to start preparation from now only. Also practise previous papers regularly along with some mock tests.
15th January 2015, 10:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the various entrance exams available to apply for Ph.D in Pharm Chemistry?

If you want to get admission in a Ph.D after your M.Pharm then you must have any one of the scores.

1. CSIR NET
2. GPAT

If you have qualified any one of the above exams then you can apply for Ph.D admission in top colleges without appearing for any other Ph.D entrance exam.

If you don't have then you can apply for Ph.D entrance exam of the University in which you want to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?