30th October 2015, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

When to take up Ph.D course? After completion of B.Sc or M.Sc?

I'm interested in doing PhD, but in confused that I have to go for it after b.sc or m.sc, please help me. When to take up Ph.D course? After completion of B.Sc or M.Sc? Can someone please suggest me the right track which I can follow next?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What is valid CGPA required for doing PhD in engineering?
  2. What is Integrated PhD? Duration of Integrated PhD? is it more preferable then doing MSc and PhD separately? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in India and aborad based on GATE and CSIR? doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm after completion of M.Sc course?
  4. After completion of BSc Optometry which course is better between MSc Optom/Ph.D
  5. Am i eligible for MSc with integrated Ph.D program after completion of BSc degree in Zoology
  6. What should I do after pursuing MSc Electronics?
  7. Is it possible for me to do Ph.D or M.Phil right after completion of Ph.D course? -- [New]
  8. Can I make a career in Physics field without having Mathematics in 12th class?
  9. Job prospect after PhD in Medical Biochemistry?
  10. Which are the government colleges offering a dual degree program? Complete details about the course?
  11. After M.Sc Photonics can I get job in India or Abroad or do I need to do PhD? Chances of getting foreign jobs after M.Sc Photonics?
  12. Is M.Phil mandatory before PhD?
  13. Is there B.Sc in Anthropology available like that of M.Sc and PhD?
  14. Can I go for M.Phil or Ph.D if I want to do BSc stats?
  15. Eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Physics after M.Sc from any good university in India if secured 54% in B.sc?
  16. What shall I do for pursuing PhD in Maths being not in touch with studies for long?
  17. What is integrated PhD? Difference between M.Sc, PhD and integrated PhD?
  18. Can I get any college in Kolkata providing MSc after completion of BSc General?
29th May 2016, 12:52 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When to take up Ph.D course? After completion of B.Sc or M.Sc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm interested in doing PhD, but in confused that I have to go for it after b.sc or m.sc, please help me. When to take up Ph.D course? After completion of B.Sc or M.Sc? Can someone please suggest me the right track which I can follow next?

Thank you!
he aspirant should take PhD course only after M.Sc only. It is not possible to do PhD after B.Sc course because the eligibility to do PhD is a Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognised university. You have to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the admission to the PhD. Apart from the eligibility conditions you should have real interest to do the research in a particular subject to do PhD. The passion to do the research in the particular subject is most important thing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?