27th October 2016, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for NET exam, if I score 52% in M.Com part 1 and 58% in part 2?

My query is whether I have to get 55 % marks in M.Com part 1 and part 2 seperately or combined marks will be counted i.e part 1. If I have got 52 % in part 2, I have got 58%, will I be eligible to give NET exam?

27th October 2016, 06:02 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Will I be eligible for NET exam, if I score 52% in M.Com part 1 and 58% in part 2?

NET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is held by CBSE twice every year for recruitment of assistant professor in universities of India.

* The minimum eligibility criteria for the same examination are as following :-

a) You must have the nationality of India.

b) Your age must not exceed 28 years if you are looking for Junior Research Fellowship ( JRF ) where as for recruitment as assistant professor there is no age limit.

c) You must have either completed your Master's degree or must be in the final year of same with at least 55% aggregate overall. Relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So having completed your 1st year with 52% marks and 2nd year with 58% marks you are eligible for NET as your overall aggregate add up to 55% which is as per the requirement.

For further details about same examination you can visit the website www.cbsenet.nic.in.
27th October 2016, 08:22 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Will I be eligible for NET exam, if I score 52% in M.Com part 1 and 58% in part 2?

The minimum qualification for NET exam is post graduation with minimum of 55% marks from an approved university by UGC. You have scored 52% marks in your previous year and 58% marks in your final year. So as per my knowledge you are eligible for applying in NET exam. Good luck and thanks
27th October 2016, 08:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My query is whether I have to get 55 % marks in M.Com part 1 and part 2 seperately or combined marks will be counted i.e part 1. If I have got 52 % in part 2, I have got 58%, will I be eligible to give NET exam?
You have completed M.Com course with above 55% marks so you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidate who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55%and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its hold 50% above in masters degree.
28th October 2016, 03:26 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible for NET examination after having completed your M.Com with 58%, as the minimum eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for NET examination, you will have to have a PG degree with a minimum of 50% in aggregate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?