19th May 2015, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Admission procedure for Ph.D in Maths through correspondence from a good University?

i completed my post graduation in maths with distinction .Now i want to do p.hd in maths.plz tell me the procedure for taking admission in p.hd with distance from a good university.

Related Questions:
  1. Admission procedure for Ph.D in Maths through correspondence from a good University? -- [New]
  2. Studying Ph.D from correspondence university like CMJ University, Shillong is valuable for M.Sc Biotechnology student? List of the correspondence universities for Ph.D?
  3. Information about CMJ University for Ph.D in Biotechnology programme? List of the correspondence UGC recognized universities who offers Ph.D in Biotechnology programme? Is it worthy to do Ph.D through correspondence?
  4. How may I do Ph.D in Maths through correspondence? I've done B.Sc(Maths) and M.Sc(Maths)
  5. M.Sc in Maths holder can do PhD in Customer Brhaviour in Financial Borrowings? Shall I do any other course through correspondence?
  6. Doubts regarding correspondence PhD
  7. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  8. Which university is good for going Ph.D in HR management?
  9. How can I apply for Ph.D at Chaudhary Charan Singh University? Whether the university is correspondence? Whether PhD at this university irregular or correspondence course?
  10. Can I do PhD after Masters from Correspondence? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Should I do PhD in correspondence if done M.Sc correspondence? Good colleges in Delhi and requirement for admission?
  12. Which is the best university to do MSc Maths correspondence? What is the last date, admission procedure and where is the exam center in HP?
  13. How may I do Ph.D in English through correspondence in Karnataka? What's the admission procedure?
  14. What is the procedure to be followed for getting admission in Ph.D Maths?
  15. Recognised university for correspondence M.Phil/PhD in English?
  16. How may I do Ph.D without giving any entrance exam? List of institutions offering such course through correspondence? Is this available online?
  17. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D? University offering Ph.D in tourism? Procedure to take admission in IGNOU Ph.D in Tourism?
  18. Procedure and cost for pursuing PhD from abroad?
20th May 2015, 01:56 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission procedure for Ph.D in Maths through correspondence from a good University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i completed my post graduation in maths with distinction .Now i want to do p.hd in maths.plz tell me the procedure for taking admission in p.hd with distance from a good university.
If your Master degree university recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) then definitely you are eligible. Usually, the admission to PhD course is same it is regular or distance, you must appear and qualify in the entrance exam conducted by the respective university or National level entrance exam (PhD in Mathematics) such as,

- CSIR-UGC NET for JRF
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Hyderabad University PhD Mathematics Entrance exam
- IISc Entrance Test
- IISC PhD Mathematics Entrance Test

Usually, the admission to PhD course is same whether it is regular or distance, you must complete a Master degree with Mathematics as one of the major subjects. The marks needed in the Master degree are at least 55% and relaxation will be given to reserved category students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?