12th May 2021, 04:39 AM
Unregistered

Am I able to appear for UGC NET Exam and from which Subject?

I am doing my post graduation in Rural Studies a post graduation course offered by Yashvantrao Chavan school of Rural Development, Shiavji University, Kolhapur, Maharashtra. The course is affiliated by UGC.
Am I able to appear for UGC NET Exam and from which Subject.

12th May 2021, 02:56 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I able to appear for UGC NET Exam and from which Subject?

Yes, you are able to appear for the UGC NET examination after completing post graduation in Rural Studies. In UGC NET you need to select the same subjects in which you have done your Master's if that subject is available in the list of subjects. The Rural Studies is not available in the UGC NET list so you can take development planning/development studies as a subject.

I am also giving you the website link for your reference that is https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/
13th May 2021, 12:49 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Yes, You are eligible to appear for UGC NET Exam only if you could complete post graduation with minimum 55% aggregate.

Your post graduation degree should be UGC approved .

You can appear with Economics / Rural Economics /Co-operation / Demography / Development Planning/ Development Studies / Econometrics/ Applied Economics/Development Economics subject.
13th May 2021, 02:32 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.

There is no age bar to apply for the role of Assistant Professor
A relaxation of five years in age criteria is given to SC/ST/OBC/PwD and women candidates.
14th May 2021, 05:10 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for UGC NET 2021:-
✓ Educational Qualification:- Candidates should have passed with at least 55% marks in their Master's Degree or equivalent from recognized universities in Humanities (including languages), Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science, etc.

You are able for this test if you securing above mentioned subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?