15th May 2015, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in GATE if pursuing Part Time B.Tech from IME, India?

Sir,
I am in B.Tech 3rd year from IME, India.
I am doing part time B.Tech course.
I would like to know that I can give GATE or not.
Please tell me immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. can I join part time engineering course of AICTE approved college? I have completed DME part time in IME
  2. Can I join part time engineering course in AICTE approved college after completing DME(Part Time) in IME Mumbai
  3. Am I eligible for government job after completing B.E from IME?
  4. Am I eligible for other government job after completing B.E from IME
  5. Is it possible to do 4 years course to appear for GATE? I am pursuing mechanical engineering in Malaysia
  6. Is Institute of mechanical engineers(IME) AICTE approved? Should I opt for AMIE and full time degree courses for central government jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How can I get admission to study PhD in India without GATE being a M.Pharma 2nd year student?
  8. Exemption in AMIE section-A after Diploma from IME Mumbai?
  9. Can I apply for Public Service Commission exams after completing part time B.Tech programme?
  10. Can I do part time PhD from UAE after completing MCA from Madras university?
  11. How to pursue Sec A&B from IME(India)
  12. How to get a part time job as a mechanical student? I am pursuing B.Tech Mechanical
  13. How to appear for GATE while pursuing B.Tech EEE
  14. Should I have to appear in GATE(Mathematics) to study Part Time PhD(Applied Mathematics) if working in MNC after M.Tech?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D programme with scholarship in IIT if pursuing part time M.Tech from Delhi Technological University?
  16. Is IME AICTE approved? Can I prefer IAS examination from IME?
  17. Can I appear in GATE exam after B.E from IME?
  18. Am I eligible for GATE exam if I am doing my B.E after diploma through part time in week end class?
19th May 2015, 09:02 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in GATE if pursuing Part Time B.Tech from IME, India?

Yes dear definitely you can give the Competitive Technical exam called " GATE " with distance graduation. There is no problem at all whether it is a distance mode or regular mode.

So you can give the exam with same nature as regular mode. But being a 3rd year candidate of B.Tech you don't have an eligibility to apply for GATE.

Finally I would like to say that you can apply for GATE at the time of Final year of graduation whether in distance or regular mode.

Here we are giving you the reference books for GATE but you don't have mention the stream of your graduation.

1.Engineering Maths by : Erwin Kreyzig

2. S.S Agrawal

3. Quantitative Aptitude by " R.S Agarwal"

4.English Language by " Wren and Martin "

5.Higher Engineering Maths by " B.S Grewal ".
19th May 2015, 02:45 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in GATE if pursuing Part Time B.Tech from IME, India?

Yes, you can appear for GATE exam, even if you are pursuing your part time B.Tech course from IME, because candidates who have completed their Bachelor's degree in any of Engineering/Technology/ Architecture and those who are in the final year of these courses are eligible to apply for GATE exam. So, you are definitely eligible to appear for the GATE exam.
19th May 2015, 05:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am in B.Tech 3rd year from IME, India.
I am doing part time B.Tech course.
I would like to know that I can give GATE or not.
Please tell me immediately.
No, 3rd year student are not eligible for GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE Exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
19th May 2015, 05:48 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Any and every candidate who is pursuing the course of B.Tech from a recognized University will be eligible for the GATE Examination.
As your college IME,India is a recognized college you will be able to appear for the GATE Examination.
You will have to apply for the GATE Examination when the online application form comes out in the month of August or September.
So start preparing for the Examination from now on and you will be able to appear for the Examination and if you can score good marks then you will be able to get admission to a good college as well.
16th June 2016, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

My son has completed Diploma in mechanical from IME this year April 2016, though a letter has been issued of passing but mark sheet is awaited. I enquired from the institution from where he persuaded his education told that it will be provided in Dec 2016 or may be later. Now my submission is, My son wants to do B tech lateral entry and the college needs mark sheet as well as migration certificate. Pl tell when he will get both the certificates. Please also confirm that his candidature won't be cancelled in want of IME being AICTE approval or any other verification
25th July 2016, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

can i apply for gate exam after completing my part time b tech in chemical engineering in sathyabhama university of chennai
18th September 2016, 04:00 AM
Unregistered

I have completed part time Btech in mgr university i can write gate 2017.
21st September 2017, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir. I am studying Part time BE in Karpagam University, Coimbatore. Myself eligible for Gate exam.
26th January 2019, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

I am pass out diploma in electrical engineering from Mewar University and I am admit in direct 2 Year in Mewar University for part time btech in Electrical Engineering so plz tell me that after 3 yr btech can I able to give gate exam
29th January 2019, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

I am doing part time degree courses in mechanical engineering from The intuition of engineering- DAVV indore now I am in Fourth year 8th semester. can i eligible for GATE 2019.
19th April 2020, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

I am be mechanical not b. Tec can apply for gate exam
1st July 2021, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

I am doing BE. Mechanical (5 yrs. Evening)....... and i am in final semester..... Should I am eligible for gate 2022?
15th May 2022, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

I completed my graduation in mechanical engineering from IME2014, is it part time course or full time regular course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?