22nd September 2015, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for IES exam with B.Tech in Food technology?

I am 3rd year student of B.Tech in Food technology. Now i want to give IES exam. Am i eligible for it? Please help.

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible for IES exam with B.Tech in Food technology? -- [New]
  2. Can I write IES exam after completing 12th in food technology
  3. Should I do BSc in food technology from DU and then MBA or B.Tech in food technology? Colleges offering B.Tech in food technology?
  4. Which exams can I answer after passing B.Tech food technology?
  5. Am I eligible for M.Tech in food technology after doing B.Tech in Information Technology?
  6. What are the job offers after completing B.Tech in Food Technology? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible for IES if pursuing B.Tech(ECE)? What kind of job will I get if qualify in IES exam?
  8. Am I eligible for IES exam after completing B.Tech with 56%
  9. Procedure to get admission in foreign colleges to study M.Tech(Food Technology)?
  10. Possibility to do Diploma in Nutrition & Food Technology for M.Sc(Food Technology) postgraduate? List of colleges with fee structure in West Bengal?
  11. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  12. Am I eligible to do masters in food processing after completion of bachelors in nutrition and food technology?
  13. Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam after completing B.Tech mechanical with 66.06%?
  14. Am I eligible for MSc in food technology? I have doen BPMT
  15. What is the salary after passing B.Tech Food Technology?
  16. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in IT?
  17. Is M.Tech in Food Technology a good course? Job opportunities in this field?
  18. Am I eligible for admission in MSc food technology after completing BSc Biotech with 43%?
22nd September 2015, 10:36 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for IES exam with B.Tech in Food technology?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Indian Engineering Services examination being a B.Tech in Food Technology course. General every engineering student is eligible for appearing in IES Examination but you are required to give examination only in the below mentioned fields. Various available streams are,
* Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering
* Civil Engineering
* Electrical Engineering

Candidates from Engineering background are certainly eligible to appear in Indian Engineering Services (IES) Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. So you need to choose any one of the above mentioned disciplines in order to give IES Examination.
22nd September 2015, 10:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 3rd year student of B.Tech in Food technology. Now i want to give IES exam. Am i eligible for it? Please help.
After completion of B.Tech in Food technology, you are eligible for IES exam.

If you have completed bachelor of engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but, only under these streams -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subjects. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam. IES exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation or masters degree.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years
22nd September 2015, 11:22 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you will be eligible to apply for IES exam after completing B.Tech in Food technology .

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts IES exam every year.

The eligibility criteria for IES exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must have completed a Bachelor's degree in Engineering(B.E./B.Tech) from a recognized university or equivalent.

-The age limit for IES exam is from 21 years to 30 years as on the 1st August of the year of the examination. The upper age limit is relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidate and 5 years for SC/ST candidate.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 for General candidates under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process is conducted in the three Stages;

*Preliminary Examination,

*Main Examination,

*Personal Interview.
22nd September 2015, 11:54 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear you are not eligible to apply for IES with B.Tech in Food Technology since IES allows only few streams other than these streams are not eligible to apply.

If you want to know more details about the IES Examination you can see the UPSC Official website. You must satisfy the all the eligibility criteria for it.

Streams allows for IES Examination :

<> Mechanical Engineering

<> Civil Engineering

<> Electronics and communication Engineering

<> Electrical Engineering.

Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is a Age relaxation applicable for all the reserved candidates.
25th September 2015, 07:07 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

I am Sorry to tell you, you are not eligible for IES.

Union public service commission conducts the exam for IES,for which the eligibility criteria is ;

For Applying this candidate should be engineering graduate from any recognized university in the following stream
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Communications Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering.
Being food technology stream you are not eligible for IES.
Age limit ;
And candidate's age should be between 21-30 for general
for OBC upper age limit is 33 years
for SC/ST candidate upper age limit is 35 years

for further details you can visit the link

www.upsc.gov.in
14th September 2017, 03:07 AM
kunalroy89

You are eligible. Any engineering graduates and Postgraduates in Radio technology, Electronics, Wireless communication are eligible.
BUT, the Major Problem is, the exam is conducted for only 4 papers.
1.Civil Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Electronic and telecommunications Engineering
4.Electrical Engineering.

If you can clear the written exam in any 1 of these papers AND also clear the Interview in the same subject which is conducted by UPSC Panel of experts, then only you have chance.

Being from food technology,you do not have any common link with these 4papers, so better will be to leave this as it is. Subjects like Production Engineering, Automobile Engineering etc can try but Food technology stands no chance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?