2nd November 2015, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to write Ph.D. with arrear in 2nd semester of MBA?

Hi sir, my friend is doing regular mba in s v university. She has an arriear in mba 2 semester. She may complete that in 4th semester. So now she is eligible for writing an phd entrance exam or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to apply in PhD entrance exam for a candidate who has an arrears in 2nd semester of MBA?
  2. Possibility to apply in PhD entrance exam for a candidate who has arrears in 2nd semester of MBA?
  3. Eligibility for PhD having 2 arrears in MBA 4th semester?
  4. List of core companies in India?
  5. Detailed information and procedure to get admission to study PhD in Finance at Oxford University for MBA 2nd semester candidate?
  6. Entrance exam to study PhD in Abroad for M.Sc(Agriculture) 2nd semester student?
  7. How to join engineering college in Tamilnadu? I have one arrear in diploma in final semester
  8. Can I do PhD after completing MBA? If not, when can I do it?
  9. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  10. After M.Tech from an ordinary college can we do PhD? Which exams to write and how to take admission?
  11. How can I study PhD being a M.Phil(Hindi) 2nd semester student?
  12. What should I do further to study PhD after completing MBA in Finance?
  13. What's the last date of application for submission for calicut M.Com? How may I get applying procedure?
  14. Procedure to study PhD in Computer Science for MCA 2nd semester student?
  15. Eligibility to apply for Summer Internship in ICICI Bank for MBA 2nd semester student?
  16. Detailed procedure to study Integrated PhD program from a recognized university for MBA(Finance) 2nd year student?
  17. Am I eligible to appear in PhD Entrance Test if pursuing MBA in Sikkim Manipal University?
  18. Am I eligible for Infosys having secured 80% in 10th, 80%in 12th and 68% in B.E. till 5th semester with one arrear? Maximum number of arrears allowed at Infosys? -- [Most Discussed]
2nd November 2015, 10:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to write Ph.D. with arrear in 2nd semester of MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir, my friend is doing regular mba in s v university. She has an arriear in mba 2 semester. She may complete that in 4th semester. So now she is eligible for writing an phd entrance exam or not?
After completion of 2nd semester of MBA course, you are eligible for Ph.D course but you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
3rd November 2015, 12:00 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, your friend must complete the MBA without any pending backlog with not less than 55% of marks to be eligible for PhD. So, tell her to score more than 55% of marks in MBA. Please go through the eligibility criteria below:

- Applicants holding a Master Degree or equivalent in any branch with a 55 % aggregate score are required to apply for a PhD. Those candidates who belong from reserved category can get 5% relaxation.

- Applicants appearing for the qualifying examination may also apply
3rd November 2015, 06:01 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, she may appear for the examination but I am afraid she will not be allowed to pursue the course if she doesn't clear her paper in the fourth semester.

So, better is that you ask your friend to work a bit hard and try to score well this time in all papers.
3rd November 2015, 06:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can appear for PH.D entrance exam if your friend is in final year but she need to pass on time to get admission. There will be document verification before admission and before that if she can get all the degree then surely she can apply.

Appearing in entrance exam is not a problem as of now because she is in final year. The main problem will be during the admission. In some cases like NET you have to submit all the documents while applying for the exam.
18th March 2019, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

i am having two arrear in my mba, am just passed out right now i had written my exam after course completion. am i eligble for ugc net
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?