23rd January 2018, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.A in English after B.Tech mechanical engineering?

Sir, I completed B.Tech in mechanical engineering. Now I want to pursue M.A in English. Is is possible for me to do M.A in English. If yes, then how can I do it and what is the qualification to do this course? Please give reply in my email [email protected].

23rd January 2018, 09:58 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.A in English after B.Tech mechanical engineering?

In order to pursue MA in English, you should have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university. You should have studied english as one of your subjects at graduation level. Some universities demands for 50% marks in English hons. Some universities offers admission on the basis of merit scored in the qualifying examination and some conduct a written examination to select the eligible candidates. Being an engineering graduate, you are also eligible to apply for master's degree in English.
24th January 2018, 12:54 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I completed B.Tech in mechanical engineering. Now I want to pursue M.A in English. Is is possible for me to do M.A in English. If yes, then how can I do it and what is the qualification to do this course? Please give reply in my email [email protected].

Yes, you can do MA English after BTech mechanical engineering. But, it is not advisable to study MA English after completion of BTech mechanical engineering. You can study ME or MTech in Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics after completion of BTech Mechanical Engineering. Both MA English and BTech mechanical engineering are entirely two different dimensions. Mostly candidates after completion of BA English or BSc can pursue the MA English course and it is useful to become an English teacher in schools and colleges.
24th January 2018, 11:14 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Sorry, to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for MA (Master of Arts) in English after completing bachelor of technology degree in mechanical engineering because to apply for MA English minimum qualification required to applying is graduation degree with English as on of major subject from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks obtained.

As you want to do further studies after B.Tech mechanical engineering then M.Tech mechanical engineering is best option for you. Duration of M.Tech mechanical engineering course is 2 years which are divided into 4 semesters.
24th January 2018, 11:15 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue MA in English course after successful completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering course. There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this course.

>> The basic qualification required is Graduation with "English" as one of the subjects in order to be eligible.

>> You must have secured minimum 50% marks in Graduation in order to be eligible.

>> As you are done with B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, you would have done it with English as one of the subjects at Graduation level.

>> Generally selection is done based on the marks secured in Graduation and in the marks secured in Entrance Test.

>> You are required to appear in entrance test that is conducted by concerned university/ organization in order to fetch a seat in a best college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?