31st October 2015, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Can i do M.Tech regular after studying B.Tech through distance mode?

Hi all,

I have completed my B.Tech through distance learning, Now i am interested to do M.Tech regular. Can i get admission in the course now?

31st October 2015, 11:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do M.Tech regular after studying B.Tech through distance mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all,

I have completed my B.Tech through distance learning, Now i am interested to do M.Tech regular. Can i get admission in the course now?
Yes, you can do M.Tech degree in regular mode after completion of B.Tech degree in distance mode but you must have valid GATE score.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then you are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
31st October 2015, 11:24 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do M.Tech regular after studying B.Tech through distance mode?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue you the master in technology degree in the regular mode after pursuing the B.tech from the distance course.

To pursue the course from the recognised university the required eligibility criteria is candidates must have passed the B.tech from the recognised university.

So you are eligible to get the admission. You can also appear in the GATE examination to get the admission in the IIT or NIT. The examination is conducted every year.
31st October 2015, 11:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely, you can join a regular M.Tech course after studying B.Tech from distance mode if you have completed your degree from recognized university.

There is not any rule which says that if you have completed your degree from distance mode then you have to join distance masters course.

You have to appear in tests.

GATE
GPAT
2nd November 2015, 01:16 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much do M.Tech in Regular Mode after the completion of your B.Tech course via distance mode.

For that you need to have a GATE score card, after having the score card with you are most eligible for admission in various Institutes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?