27th July 2015, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

Can I do MCA after graduation without maths?

I was having maths as one of my main subject in 10 2...but in my grad I am not having maths...I am having computer and statistics as my sub in graduate..can I do MCA?????... please help....

28th July 2015, 12:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MCA after graduation without maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was having maths as one of my main subject in 10 2...but in my grad I am not having maths...I am having computer and statistics as my sub in graduate..can I do MCA?????... please help....
If your graduation subjects are Computer Science and Statistics then you are eligible for MCA course.

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 60% marks then you are eligible for MCA admission but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.
28th July 2015, 02:56 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for the Master of Computer Application. If you interest in computer application, this is one of the best post graduate course for you. This course has good job and career opportunities in private as well as public sector.

Eligibility criteria for MCA:

Any candidate who has done bachelor's degree in any discipline like science, commerce, business administration, technology etc can apply for this course.

For this course, candidate must have studied mathematics at the 10+2 level. So there is nothing to worry as you have studied mathematics at the 10+2 level, you are eligible for this course even if you have not studied mathematics in bachelor's degree.

You must have 60% marks in bachelor's degree to get admission in good institute for this course. Various entrance exam is conducted by different institutes to select candidates for this course.

There is no upper age limit to pursue this course.

Some of the top institutes that offer MCA course are:

>>Banaras Hindu University.

>>Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani.

>>Bharathiar University.

>>Delhi University.

>>Jawaharlal Nehru University.

>>Indira Gandhi National Open university.

>>MNIT, Allahabad.

>>NIT, Calicut.
28th July 2015, 03:01 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

As you have studied Mathematics as a subject in 12th, you are eligible to do MCA .

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application.

MCA is a post graduate course in Computer Application of three year duration .

The eligibility required to get admission for MCA course are as under:-

-The candidate should have completed graduation in any of the following discipline;

*BBA

*BCA

*B.Tech

*Science.

-The candidate must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 10+2.

-There is no age bar to apply for this course.

-The candidate must have passed in graduation with more than 60 percent marks to join the MCA course.

-The candidate need to write an entrance exam so as to get admission into the MCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?