2nd April 2016, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in NIT with 7237 AIR in GATE being an OBC candidate?

Sir/Madam,
I have got AIR 7237 and GATE score of 439 in GATE. I belong to OBC category. Can I get any NIT? Please guide me.
Thank you!
Abhishek Sharma

4th April 2016, 05:35 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get admission in NIT with 7237 AIR in GATE being an OBC candidate?

First of all I congratulated you for getting qualify in one of the toughest exams in Engineering discipline i.e GATE. You are interested to get admission in M Tech course in any NIT’s.

>>You have got 439 score and belong to OBC category. But you have not mentioned your stream. So it is very difficult to tell without knowing this. But still in my opinion you have to apply for CCMT counseling and wait till the last counseling.

>>If you still have any doubt then you can go through the previous year cut off of different NIT’s which I am providing so that you have an idea about the colleges and their respective cut off scores.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CCMT2015_ClosingScores_Round1.pdf(142.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: pdf CCMT2015_ClosingScores_Round2.pdf(104.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: pdf CCMT2015_ClosingScores_Round3.pdf(108.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: pdf ccmt2015_closingscores_roundnsr.pdf(118.2 KB, 3 views)

4th April 2016, 08:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in NIT with 7237 AIR in GATE being an OBC candidate?

You have some chance of admission in NIT but what stream you will get is doubtful because for popular streams the cut off marks are very high even for OBC category.

But you still have chance because of a decent score and also due to OBC category. Just attend the counselling and exercise your choices carefully.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?