7th June 2017, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in a top college after GATE score of 40 marks in ECE stream?

Sir, I got 40 marks in GATE 2017 ECE paper morning set. Is there any chance to get new IIT or top college to do M.Tech?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do M.tech from a top government college or NIT after doing B.E with ECE stream with 73% aggregate
  2. How to do M.Tech in Computer Sciences after finishing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. In which college of Tamil Nadu I will get admission if secured 31384 AIR in GATE(ECE) being an OBC student? In which company I can apply for job with GATE score?
  4. Can I get admission with 16 marks in GATE?
  5. Procedure of doing post graduation course from IIT after BE?
  6. How to take admission in M.Tech in CS stream? I have scored 30.67 marks and 440 GATE score
  7. In which college can I get admission after scoring 17.67 marks with 272 GATE score and 33,000 rank?
  8. Can I get admission if secured 3183 AIR in GATE-ECE?
  9. Admission procedure to study M.Tech for a candidate who has scored 616 marks in GATE(ECE)? List of colleges for admission?
  10. What is the easier way to score high marks in GATE ECE stream? How to start my preparation?
  11. Can I get admission if secured 32076 rank in GATE-ECE being an OBC student?
  12. Admission in any college after scoring 13 marks in GATE and 124 score? What is the admission procedure?
  13. Can I do direct PhD after M.Sc IT or will have to do MCA first?
  14. Can I get admission in Kerala in M.Tech course with ECE stream through GATE? I have scored 120 marks in GATE
  15. How much will be my GATE score after scoring 13 marks in ECE?
  16. Which college can I prefer in Hyderabad and Bangalore after scoring 20.33 marks and 220 GATE score in EEE stream?
  17. In which college can I get admission after scoring 26.67/100 with 326 as GATE score?
  18. How to calculate GATE 2015 score? Expected score having 25.39 marks?

7th June 2017, 10:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in a top college after GATE score of 40 marks in ECE stream?

It will depend a lot on your category. If you belong to reserved category, then you definitely have a fair chance of getting admission in a top college on the basis of GATE score.
If you belong to general category, then it might be a bit difficult to get admission at IIT or NIT, with the help of this score in the said stream.

7th June 2017, 11:07 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in a top college after GATE score of 40 marks in ECE stream?

No, with 40 marks in GATE you are not eligible to take admission in top colleges. The candidate must have scored a minimum of 60 marks in GATE to take admission in good colleges to pursue M.Tech.

8th June 2017, 02:34 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that it is very difficult for any one to say that whether you can get admission in top colleges with 40 marks GATE score in ECE, because generally the admissions are done on the basis of cut off marks of the college which is set by them and changes every year. The cut off marks depends upon the following factors:

> The difficulty level of the examination

> The number of seats available in the college

> The number of candidates appearing for the examination

So, in order to get admission you have to secure the cut off marks of the college at first.

8th June 2017, 03:42 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

With this marks in GATE in ECE stream, your rank may fall nearly 2200-2500.
You may or may not get IITs on this rank but am sure you will get good colleges like NITs with ECE stream.
You can visit http://gateforum.com/ and go through the section post gate admission evaluator and signup and choose the institute of your preference and see what scope you have got there.

8th June 2017, 11:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to get admission in top college after securing 40 marks in GATE ECE stream examination. To get admission in top colleges like IIT for pursuing M.Tech course, you should have secured at least 60 marks in GATE ECE examination. With 40 marks in GATE examination, you can get admission in average level colleges for pursuing M.Tech course.

9th June 2017, 12:52 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in any IIT colleges after scoring only 40 marks in GATE examination. Since, you have qualified GATE examination and scored above cut off marks, you can apply in different Colleges for M.Tech course. I am sure that you can get admission in any College to study M.Tech course further.

9th June 2017, 10:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I got 40 marks in GATE 2017 ECE paper morning set. Is there any chance to get new IIT or top college to do M.Tech?
You have got 40 marks in GATE exam so you are not eligible to get top colleges. So you can apply for private colleges, but you have got stipend during M.Tech course.

You can apply for below given colleges for M.Tech course.

Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT)

PCTI Group Delhi/NCR, India

Swami Vivekanand Institute of Engineering & Technology Patiala, India

Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering Mumbai, India

C.V.S.R. College of Engineering Hyderabad, India

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?