25th August 2014, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I do direct PhD after M.Sc IT or will have to do MCA first?

I have done my MSC(IT) regular from ptu university.i wanna do Phd,so can I do direct Phd or I have to do MCA or any other degree before phd?...

2nd October 2014, 12:17 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do direct PhD after M.Sc IT or will have to do MCA first?

You can apply for Ph.D in Computer Science, if you have any one of the following qualification.

1. M.Tech. in Computer Science or a related discipline (Computer Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication etc).

OR

2. B.E./B.Tech/M.Sc. in Computer Science or related discipline or MCA with a valid GATE score in CS/IT/ECE

OR

3. M.Sc in Maths/Physics/Statistics with a valid GATE score in their subject

The above eligibility criteria is for IITs. The GATE score is utilized by most top colleges like IIT for admission and if you want admission in top colleges, then qualify GATE.

Some universities which are not so popular have seats for non GATE qualified candidates also. You can easily get admission without GATE also because Ph.D is not opted by many students.
13th October 2014, 04:35 PM
Devdatta Divekar

Yes, you can do Phd after MscIT as you will be awarded by Doctaret degree and get better opportunity in terms of career.

http://entrance-exam.net/forum/ph-d/phd-biophysics-can-done-after-mbbs-india-abroad-1621006.html

Hi friend, I would suggest you to apply for MD course first and then do Phd in biophysics. Although, there are some institutions which offer direct admission to PhD after MBBS.
Here's the list of institutions:
AIIMS
NIMHANS
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences
Delhi university
29th April 2015, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,
I complete my M.Sc(CS) from singhania university,Rajasthan.I want to do p.hd through Net exam but I got lateral entry in m.sc (Cs)because my A level is complete.so please suggest me right career option.

Thanks

Vivek
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?