15th January 2015, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I study M.Sc(Mathematics) with Computer Science if secured 49% in Maths paper of B.Sc?

Hello
I have 49% marks in b.sc mathematics honours from west bengal state university .. and 54% marks in aggregate [taking marrks of math(main),physic(pass) and chemistry(pass)]. Am i eligible for M.Sc in math with application in computer science ??

Related Questions:
  1. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  2. Can I study M.Sc(Mathematics) with Computer Science if secured 49% in Maths paper of B.Sc? -- [New]
  3. Can I study Bsc Nanotechnology after passing computer science?
  4. Am I eligible for MCA in VIT after scoring 57% in 12th?
  5. How can I do Ph.D in Dravidian university? I've completed msw M.Phil
  6. Can I do M.Sc in Maths having completed B.Sc. in Computer Science?
  7. Courses/fields available after BSc computer science? If I had Maths, Physics and Computer Science subjects then am I eligible for it?
  8. How to do MSc Maths after completing BSc computer science?
  9. To do MCA after BCA is Mathematics required at 12th level?
  10. Study material for Computer Science and Maths paper for UGC NET exam? Reference books for UGC NET exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Study Material to prepare for UGC NET Exam in Computer Science and Maths? List of Reference Books to prepare for these subjects?
  12. Is it necessary to study Maths at intermediate level to do BSc computers? List of colleges offering BSc Computer Science?
  13. Cutoff marks and the fee structure of the Kochi Law school
  14. Can i join BCA or BSc IT after passing 12th with maths and computer science? Which is better between the two?
  15. Can a biology student study BSc Computer Science? Where can I study in India? What is the requirement?
  16. Which is better for me between BCA and BSc(Computer Science or IT)?
  17. Can I study B.Ed in Maths after passing computer science
  18. Which subject should I choose among Physics, Maths, Computer Science for admission in BSc?
20th January 2015, 09:36 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study M.Sc(Mathematics) with Computer Science if secured 49% in Maths paper of B.Sc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I have 49% marks in b.sc mathematics honours from west bengal state university .. and 54% marks in aggregate [taking marrks of math(main),physic(pass) and chemistry(pass)]. Am i eligible for M.Sc in math with application in computer science ??
Yes, you can study M.Sc Mathematics with Computer Science subject. M.Sc Mathematics includes Computer Science as Non Major subject. You can study Computer science subject in M.Sc Mathematics. Apart from this you can also study Computer science in Private Institutions as well. You an apply for M.Sc Mathematics after completing B.Sc.

M.Sc Mathematics Eligibility Criteria:

-> Those candidates who have completed their bachelor degree with Mathematics as a main subject from a recognized university are eligible for admission.

-> The marks requirement of M.Sc Mathematics is differs from college to college. The candidate should possess minimum 50% marks to seek admission to the course.

-> Some colleges carry out admission on the basis of the marks of graduation where as some others reputed colleges conduct their own entrance exams for admission.

Since, you have scored less than 50% marks in your graduation course. How,ever, you can get admission for M.Sc Mathematics course through Management quota.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?