22nd March 2015, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I study MBA if pursuing Science in 11th standard?

Hello everyone,
I had passed 10th standard and in future
I wish to take MBA my question is if it is
essential to take Commerce?
Can I get MBA after taking science in 11th standard?

27th March 2015, 08:55 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MBA if pursuing Science in 11th standard?

Yes, you can study MBA course in future even if you are pursuing 11th standard with Science stream. There is no need to opt for Commerce stream in 11th standard to pursue MBA course in future. To be eligible to pursue MBA course, the candidate must had completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university and need to appear in MBA entrance examinations like CAT, MAT, CMAT, XAT, etc. By qualifying the entrance examination, you can get admission in MBA course.
31st March 2015, 12:45 AM
bichapoda

You can do MBA either with Science or Commerce in your 11th but the Main thing you need to notice is you can not get directly in to MBA after your 12th .

Only Graduates are Eligible to apply for MBA.

For any Masters Course the Minimum Educational Qualification needed is Graduation.

There is no Age limit for Joining in MBA you need to have genuine reason for the gap you have if any .

By pursuing MBA you will have a very good career in Management Side, Graduated students will get much more better and best jobs if they do MBa after there Graduation.
31st March 2015, 11:32 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
I had passed 10th standard and in future
I wish to take MBA my question is if it is
essential to take Commerce?
Can I get MBA after taking science in 11th standard?

First of all to tell about MBA course it stands for Master of Business Administration and this is a Post graduate course of 2 years duration consisting of 4 semesters.

There is nothing regarding like you should have completed your +2 in a commerce background, but still if you had completed +2 with a commerce background it will be useful. The only thing when it is regarded for joining in MBA course is that you should have completed a UG degree in any stream wit h atleast 60% aggregate.

Apart from this you should have applied for the entrance exam to join in MBA course. There are many entrance exams which are conducted in India and you can apply for them as per the qualification which you possess. Some of the best exams which you can opt are CAT, MAT, XAT, AIIMA, TANCET.
1st April 2015, 08:31 AM
s m samy
Member+

You are eligible for MBA only after completing graduation in any stream with atleast 50% aggregate marks under 10+2+3/4 pattern from recognized indian university or institution.

Popular MBA entrance exams are

>>CAT
>>MAT
>>XAT
>>SNAP
>>CMAT

etc.,

Top B-Schools in India are

>>IIMs
>>XLRI
>>IIFT
>>Symbiosis

etc.,
2nd April 2015, 05:25 PM
Ashwakh

As of now , you are not eligible to join in MBA . But , you can do it in Future .

~ Firstly , you should complete your 12th from a Recognised university .
~ Secondly , you should go for Graduation and complete it from any Descipline university
(Mandatory) .

~ You should secure morethan 50% in your Graduation which is mandatory to join in MBA Course.

After Graduation , you can apply for the MBA entrance exams like ,

Icet
Kmat
Rmat , etc..

If you secure Good rank in Entrance exam , then you will get an Admission in Top colleges.
4th April 2015, 04:47 PM
amanshrivastava98

No, as MBA is a PG Course then you must have completed your 12th first then your graduation and then only you should apply for the MBA entrance.

For any Masters course the candidate should have possessed a graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from any recognized university.
4th April 2015, 09:54 PM
kunalroy89

You might be surprised to know that a HUGE number of MBA across India are Engineers i.e. B.Tech and B.E. And that is purely Science stream not just commerce.
Being from commerce streams can help you a bit so will science subjects as well.
So choose science or commerce whichever stream not thinking of MBA but keeping in mind your graduation degree. Because once you are a graduate you are eligible for MBA irrelevant of stream and subject.
Choose the stream in which you are interested.
Appearing for MBA you must have a graduation degree and there is no restriction or compulsion of any particular degree. Any graduation degree from a recognized university regardless of stream or subject makes you eligible for CAT/MAT/XAT and other exams or admission to MBA.
23rd September 2019, 02:21 PM
amberrain

For an MBA, it is not at all essential to pursue B.com or BBA, any graduation degree suffices.

But having B.com/BBA is an added benefit for those who want to pursue an MBA as studies are mostly drives from the studies of B.com and BBA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?