1st September 2016, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Can M.Sc Environment Science student appear in GATE exam?

hi, I am doing M.Sc in Environment Science. I want to appear for GATE exam. May be I have a misconception that only engineers can appear for the same. Please tell me can M.Sc. Environment Science student appear in GATE exam.

2nd September 2016, 09:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can M.Sc Environment Science student appear in GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, I am doing M.Sc in Environment Science. I want to appear for GATE exam. May be I have a misconception that only engineers can appear for the same. Please tell me can M.Sc. Environment Science student appear in GATE exam.
No, M.Sc in Environment Science student are not eligible for GATE entrance exam.

If you have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department from a recognized University, then you are eligible for GATE exam.
2nd September 2016, 02:45 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, the M.Sc Environment Science student can appear for GATE. The candidates with Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent can appear for GATE. So you are eligible with M.Sc qualifications for GATE. Those who are in final year of the Master’s degree are also eligible to apply. The details can be seen in the website link given Click Here
2nd September 2016, 04:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in GATE examination being a M.Sc. Environmental Science student. Candidates who are pursuing or completed final year Master's degree course in any branch of Science are also eligible to appear in GATE examination. M.Sc. Environmental Science is related to Science stream Master's degree. So, if you are pursuing final year of M.Sc. Environmental Science course, you are eligible to appear in GATE examination.
2nd September 2016, 08:38 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear in GATE Entrance Examination being a M.Sc in Environmental Science candidate. The basic educational qualification required for appearing in GATE Examination is as follows.

>> Candidates must have completed Graduate Degree B.E/ B.Tech from a recognized university.

>> Candidates from post Graduate degree science course are also eligible to appear in GATE Examination.

>> You can attend Ph.D Interviews with GATE score directly in Indian Institute of Technologies.

>> Or else you may work as a Project Assistant or JRF in Projects that are funded by DBT/ CSIR/ ICMR or DST.
6th January 2019, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my m.sc in environmental science and I want to do PhD in environmental science can I appear in gate exam.
1st August 2019, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Can m.sc with environmental science apply for gate exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?