20th May 2014, 05:16 PM
prasalvi92

Careers in Management after graduation in Civil Engineering?

After working on the field for almost 3-4 years in civil engineering, many students want to change their streams to the management side. But then again, there are very few streams in management which are actually related to Civil or Construction backgrounds.
But students are really not aware that they can change their technical career and incline it towards the management side with an MBA, isn't?

Related Questions:
  1. Which career options are available for me after 12th commerce with Commerce?
  2. Jobs after M.A (economics)?
  3. Career scope of Civil Engineering?
  4. Career in writing?
  5. What stream should i choose in MBA after my graduation in Civil and Water management engineering?
  6. Study material for preparation for GATE exam? Any free online test series?
  7. Which types of books should be referred for Maths in IAS exam?
  8. Is the form of Jharkhand Polytechnic available in Market now? Last date of submission of form?
  9. Scope of PG in construction management for females? Which course is beneficial for females, PG construction management or M.Tech in any other Civil engineering stream?
  10. Which Entrance Exams can I appear for after completion of 12th being a candidate of Commerce with Maths?
  11. What is the best thing to do after Civil Engineering? MBA, M.E., M.Tech or UPSC Civils? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which is the best course for me after securing 65% in B-Pharmacy? Which are the best placements for me?
  13. How to do Construction Management through distance? Is there any scope to enter in Architectural Line after B.Tech in civil engineering
  14. Scope of PG in construction management for females? What are the best Post Graduation options for female civil engineers?
  15. How to do construction engineering and management? I am a civil engineering student
  16. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  17. What are the courses offered after completing B.E degree? What is the fee structure?
  18. Cochin University, B. Tech In Civil Engineering, 4th Sem Construction Engineering and Management-I Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
20th January 2015, 12:18 AM
smithapriya

Default Re: Careers in Management after graduation in Civil Engineering?

Well if you thinks that you want to pursue your career in the management fields then i would say this is the best course for you .MBA is a 2 year master degree course. There are many good colleges in India for this course and to get admission in these colleges you have to take their entrance examination .

You can do MBA in following Fiels for increasing your opportunities.

1. Human Resourse MAnagement(HRM) -
MBA(HR) is a very good stream and you can get a job of HR in any company after doing this course. As HR's job is related with Human resource so its very important job and you can get a very good salary after doing MBA with HR stream.

2. Technology-
MBA with Technology also will be very good for you as you also having an Engineering degree and this will provide you a very good job and also a very good salary too.

3. Information Technology-
MBA (IT) is also a very good course for getting a job in a IT company and your B.tech digree will add some points in your qualification for getting a very good package.

4. Material Management-

MBA in operation management is also very good for Engineering students and it will also a job providing stream of MBA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?