15th April 2016, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Chances to study M.Tech through Non-GATE category for a candidate with 88% in B.Tech?

Hello,
I have passed my B.Tech with 88% marks. But I didn't get a good score in GATE. Is there any chance for me to apply for M.Tech through Non-GATE? If yes then tell me the colleges in Tamil Nadu.

Related Questions:
  1. Chances to study M.Tech through Non-GATE category for a candidate with 88% in B.Tech? -- [New]
  2. What is the difference between pursuing MBA and M.Tech?
  3. Chances of getting IIT or PSUs with 52 marks in GATE(CS) 2015?
  4. What are my chances of getting M.Tech program after attaining 29712 rank in mechanical engineering through GATE? I belong to SC category
  5. Candidate having less aggregate with backlogs in B.Tech but very good GATE score can get admission in M.Tech?
  6. Mtech admission with less than 60% aggregate in Btech? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How may an M.Tech candidate gets Job in Navratna companies? I've secure low percentage in B.Tech and could not appear in PSU
  8. Can I get admission for M.Tech in IIT having scored 34.33 marks in GATE Exam with a score of 348 being a candidate from SC category?
  9. What should I do to pursue M.Tech from IIT? I am doing B.E from Rewa MP
  10. How much marks do I need in GATE exam? I want to study M.Tech course in IIT college
  11. Eligibility and procedure to join M.Tech course?
  12. Which is the best course available for M.Tech after Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Which course is better for me between ME and M.Tech to get Jobs in Software Industries being a student from ECE stream? Which Entrance Exams should I go for this?
  14. Can I join B.Tech course after doing B.Tech?
  15. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
  16. Can rvd btech student do mtech in other universities ?
  17. How much rank I can expect with 40 marks in GATE 2016? Is it possible to get IITs or NITs?
  18. What to do after completion of B.Tech other than M.Tech?
18th April 2016, 10:17 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Chances to study M.Tech through Non-GATE category for a candidate with 88% in B.Tech?

You have completed B-Tech course with very nice percentage. But unfortunately you did not score good marks in GATE exam. You want to get admission through Non-GATE.
Yes, definitely there is a chance of getting admission without GATE score. But the thing is that you have to take the entrance test of different colleges which take admission through their own entrance test and you have to score good marks in their entrance test too.

Following are the list of some colleges in Tamil Nadu which take their own entrance test:

--VIT

--SRM

>>The above mentioned colleges are good one. They take their own entrance exam for taking admission in M-Tech course. So in my opinion you have to be in regular touch with their website regarding the latest notification about the filling of online application of entrance test.
19th April 2016, 12:31 PM
ealpvinoth

Default Re: Chances to study M.Tech through Non-GATE category for a candidate with 88% in B.Tech?

Yes, you can do M.Tech being you haven't scored good marks in GATE. You have to write TANCET Exam conducted by Anna University for Post graduation. TANCET will be conducted every year and you have to register for it. Exam will be conducted for you and counseling will be held for the once who sought for admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?