1st May 2015, 05:19 AM
Unregistered

Criteria and entrance exams to do PhD or M.Phil?

I want to do ph.d or m.phil so tell me the whole criteria as well as entrance exams to get the admission in these courses as soon as possible.

3rd May 2015, 03:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Criteria and entrance exams to do PhD or M.Phil?

You must have a Master's degree with at least 55% marks to become eligible for Ph.D and M.Phil program in the respective discipline. For reserved category candidates there is relaxation of 5% marks and 50% marks in post graduation will be enough to become eligible for various Ph.D entrance exams.

Normally, most of the top universities give admission in Ph.D on the basis of NET/SLET/GATE/JRF score and if you have any one of these scores then you don't have to appear for any other entrance exam. For M.Phil you don't need these scores and can apply on the basis of your Master's degree without any worries.
4th May 2015, 06:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Criteria and entrance exams to do PhD or M.Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do ph.d or m.phil so tell me the whole criteria as well as entrance exams to get the admission in these courses as soon as possible.
Eligibility criteria for M.Phil or Ph.D admission:-

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.

List of entrance exam:=

GATE

UGC NET

CSIR NET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?