19th September 2014, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Is NET clearance required for doing JRF/PhD? Without doing M.Phil direct PhD is possible?

Sir,

I have finished my PG (M.Sc) Chemistry and awaiting result. At present, I secured 75% marks and hope this will increase after the final sem result come.Please guide me for doing JRF.
1. Is NET clearance required for doing JRF/Ph.D ?
2. Without NET clearance, Is it possible for doing JRF/Ph.D.
3. Without doing M.Phil, Is direct Ph.D study possible ?
OR
better to seek for suitable job. Please guide me in this regard.
Thanks

21st September 2014, 10:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NET clearance required for doing JRF/PhD? Without doing M.Phil direct PhD is possible?

If you want JRF in your field, then you have to clear NET. For Ph.D qualifying NET is essential, if you want to get admission in top Universities. Most of the reputed Universities take only NET qualified candidates for Ph.D admission. Therefore, if you want to pursue your Ph.D from a good place, then you must clear NET examination.

There are many Universities which give Ph.D admission to Master's degree holder without doing M.Phil and also without qualifying NET. They conduct their own entrance examination for admission.

In my opinion if you are not getting admission in a good University for Ph.D, then you must opt for a decent job. It will be better to apply for jobs and get a suitable job in this situation.

You also have option of preparing for CSIR NET while doing your job and if you clear CSIR NET, then you will have better option for doing Ph.D from a reputed University.
2nd August 2019, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is NET clearance required for doing JRF/PhD? Without doing M.Phil direct PhD is possible?

Is there any opt for job without clearing net exam for mphill/PhD?
Please help me to find better option
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?