16th November 2016, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Do I need to write an entrance exam to get lateral entry for MCA after completing BCA?

Respected Sir, I have completed BCA from Kerala University and now I want to pursue MCA so I want to get lateral entry for the course. I want to know do I need to write an entrance exam to get lateral entry or can I join directly? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How to take MCA as part time after completing BCA? Which are the universities offering lateral entry scheme
  2. Duration of MCA course after BCA? Difference between lateral entry and continue entry in MCA?
  3. Lateral entry to MCA is possible having a year gap after BCA?
  4. Which are the colleges providing lateral entry in MCA from BCA holder? What is the syllabus?
  5. How to get admission in MCA? How long does it takes to complete the course? Difference between lateral entry and continue entry MCA?
  6. Am I eligible to get a Lateral entry in B.Tech after completing Diploma course? Do I need to write any entrance exam for the same? -- [New]
  7. Can I take admission for MCA after completing BCA in Bharatheiyar University in Lateral Entry Mode
  8. Am I eligible to study for MCA lateral entry after doing BCA in Tamilnadu Open University?
  9. Am I eligible to study for MCA lateral entry for Anna University? I have done BCA lateral entry in tamilnadu open university
  10. Is there lateral entry for MCA in coming years? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am I eligible for lateral entry in 3rd semester of MCA regular?
  12. Am I eligible to do MCA in lateral entry after completing BSc IT? Colleges or universities providing MCA lateral entry? Details about their placements?
  13. What is the differnece between MCA 3rd year course and lateral entry in 2nd year in MCA?
  14. DIT, Dehradun or Graphic Era University, which is best for MCA in respect of placement? What is the difference between MCA and MCA lateral entry?
  15. Can I get direct admission to study B.E. after completing BCA?
  16. How to join B.E lateral entry colleges like BITS, BIT after completing diploma in electrical and electronics? Is there any entrance exam for B.E Lateral Entry
  17. Can a MCA through lateral entry apply for GATE exam?
  18. Details for difference between BCA and BCA lateral entry?
17th November 2016, 01:01 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to write an entrance exam to get lateral entry for MCA after completing BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed BCA from Kerala University and now I want to pursue MCA so I want to get lateral entry for the course. I want to know do I need to write an entrance exam to get lateral entry or can I join directly? Please answer as soon as possible.

Yes, you need to write an entrance examination to get lateral entry for MCA after completing BCA. The MCA lateral entry is eligible for the candidates with a pass in BCA or B.Sc Computer Science or B.Sc Information Technology with Mathematics/Statistics as a subject in 10+2 level or Graduate level. The admission will be done based on the rank obtained in the Entrance Examination conducted by CEE or Association of Self Financing Technology Institutions of Kerala. The course duration is 2 years. The course is available in various colleges like

DiST - Official Website

Amal Jyothi College of Engineering - Official Website

Saintgits College of Engineering - Official Website
17th November 2016, 06:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to write an entrance exam to get lateral entry for MCA after completing BCA?

On the basis of BCA degree you won't get any lateral entry admission in MCA. You can only get admission in first year of the course. For lateral entry you need to have some PG diploma qualification along with the degree.

Admission will be based on the performance in the entrance exam conducted by the concerned university. Just make sure that you are well prepared for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?