18th March 2016, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in CAT with 49.25% in B.Com?

Hello,
Unfortunately I have scored below 50% marks in my B.Com. So, am I eligible for appearing CAT as I have scored exact 49.25% marks?

20th March 2016, 09:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in CAT with 49.25% in B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Unfortunately I have scored below 50% marks in my B.Com. So, am I eligible for appearing CAT as I have scored exact 49.25% marks?
You have got 49.25% in B.Com course, so you are not eligible for CAT entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. Final year students are eligible for CAT exam.

Best books for CAT exam:-

1. TIME - Book for Quantitative Aptitude - Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
2. Siddhartha Balakrishnan - Mathematics for CAT
3. Theodor Seuss Geisel - The CAT in the HAT
4. Servash Verma - Quantum CAT
5. B S Sijwali - Analytical and Logical Reasoning
6. Sujit Kumar - Verbal Ability for CAT
7. Arun Sharma - How to prepare for CAT
8. Disha Publication - CAT Solved Papers as topic wise
9. Nishant K Sinha - The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for CAT
20th March 2016, 02:34 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

CAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and it is conducted by IIM every year. The examination is conducted for admission of candidates in IIM for MBA courses.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university with minimum 50%. So, you are not eligible to appear for examination.

There is 5% relaxation (45%) for candidate who have passed bachelor degree and belong to reserved category.
20th March 2016, 03:09 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. Indian Institute of Management conducts this exam every year for admission in Master of Business Administration.

*Graduates in discipline like technology, science, commerce etc can apply for CAT. It is conducted every year.

*Minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree is required to apply for CAT. For SC/ST candidates it is only 45%.

If you are from SC/ST category then you can apply for exam otherwise, you are not eligible for CAT examination.
20th March 2016, 07:02 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in CAT examination, the candidate must have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline with minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks from a recognised university. Since, you have secured an aggregate of 49.25% marks in your Graduation, you are eligible to appear in CAT examination only if you belong to reserved category.
20th March 2016, 10:06 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for CAT examination having scored below 50% in aggregate as the minimum marks required in graduation is 50%.
20th March 2016, 10:07 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

If you have been unable to score a minimum of 50% in your B.Com graduation, then I am sorry to say that you ain't eligible to appear for CAT examination.
20th March 2016, 10:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CAT stands for Common Admission Test and it is an entrance examination conducted by various IIMs following a rotation policy for admission in top management colleges like IIMs etc. for the course of Chatered Accountancy.

Having secured only 49.25% marks in your Bachelor of Commerce degree you are eligible for appearing in the same examination only if you belong to reserved category ( since they enjoy the provision of marks relaxation of 5% ) as for the general category the minimum marks required for appearing in the same examination is 50%.

For more details about the same examination you can log on to the link www.iimcat.ac.in.
20th March 2016, 11:37 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
The eligibility to attend the Common Admission Test (CAT) is a pass in graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST candidates). So if you are in general category you are not eligible for the CAT examination. There is no age limit to appear for CAT examination. The website link is given Click Here.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?