14th July 2015, 11:30 PM
shander craye xi

What is the eligibility criteria for doing MBA in IIT through CAT?

hello sir/ma'am,
i am presently pursuing ca(with b.com) and i want to get into an IIM thereafter..is it possible?
can i do so through a 1 YR. b.com degree from IGNOU or should i do b.com for 3 yrs elsewhere?
Also,is it okay if i do 3 yr corresponding degree and attempt all papers in one sitting in the final year?
thank you

15th July 2015, 09:08 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for doing MBA in IIT through CAT?

Eligibility criteria for CAT :

<> You would have studied any of the below qualification.

<> The candidates who qualified in CA, ICWA, CS with at least 55% of marks are only eligible.

<> Masters degree with minimum 55% of marks with graduation of 50% of marks.

<> You should complete graduation (B.E/B.Tech ) with minimum 60% of marks from the recognized University.

<> There is No specific Age limit for CAT Examination.

And after got the percentile of CAT based on the merit you will be shortlisted for further process and chances are very high to get admission in IIM's.
15th July 2015, 02:55 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

MBA Eligibility Criteria:

** Bachelor's degree in any discipline from recognized university with 50% minimum. The graduation should be 3 years duration from any recognized university.

** No age limit.

** Final year student can also apply for MBA entrance exam like CAT,GMAT, MAT, CET, XAT, SNAP etc.

To get admission in top colleges like IIM, FMS etc, you need to score your percentile above 80 and also your admission is based on group discussion round as well as personal interview round. So, there also you need to perform well to get admission for MBA course in India.
15th July 2015, 03:53 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shander craye xi View Post
hello sir/ma'am,
i am presently pursuing ca(with b.com) and i want to get into an IIM thereafter..is it possible?
can i do so through a 1 YR. b.com degree from IGNOU or should i do b.com for 3 yrs elsewhere?
Also,is it okay if i do 3 yr corresponding degree and attempt all papers in one sitting in the final year?
thank you
Yes you are eligible to sit apply for CAT and enter IIT if you manage to get the marks required and satisfy all other eligibility criteria. Here is a list of the criteria that needs to be satisfied:-

If you wish to give this examination then you need a bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university. In addition to that you should have not less than 60% of marks at graduation level. This criteria is applicable both for the regular and foreign candidates.

CAT scores are accepted by IIT's. So you need to sit for CAT examination and score good marks over there. The cut-off marks generally varies from one IIT to the other. But the final decision wont be based solely on the CAT's marks. Group discussion round and interview session is equally important as well and performances of these rounds too are closely monitored.

The IIT graduates who have a CGPA of 8/10 dont need to sit for CAT Examination and they will get a direct entry to the group discussion round. Much the same way even the sponsored candidates too will be directly called for the GD and PI round. Defence personnel too can apply for this examination and they are encouraged to apply through respective government agencies.
15th July 2015, 03:58 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello sir/ma'am,
thank you
To do MBA which is a post graduate course there is certain eligibility conditions which you need to satisfy such as the educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university with at least 60% aggregate and there are relaxation for other category candidates. There is no age limit needed for this course.

To do this course, you need to apply for the entrance exam and satisfy the eligibility criteria's framed for it. Yeah you can do any degree but you should have completed a Under graduate degree that is the most important thing.
15th July 2015, 05:57 PM
vickyhansi

CAT exam stands for Common Admission Test which is conducted by IIM to take admission in MBA course after graduation.

Eligibility for MBA course:

You should have passed graduation from a recognized from a recognized in any stream.

Appearing in final year candidates are also eligible for CAT exam.

There is no age limit for CAT exam.

After getting high percentile in CAT exam, you can get best college to do MBA course.
15th July 2015, 07:31 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

No,Correspondence courses are not allowed for IIM's through CAT.You have to do regular graduate degree from a recognized Board.So i suggest you that you should complete your graduation in B.Com.

After Completing B.Com,You will be eligible to appear for the CAT Exam.The Eligibility Criteria for CAT Exam is:-

--> You should have a Graduate Degree from a recognized Board.

--> You should have about 60% in Graduation.

-->English and Maths are the main Subjects of CAT Exam so prepare these subjects well.
15th July 2015, 08:11 PM
Mohit.Bansal

For MBA you must have completed graduation with good marks. For getting admission in IIT in MBA you must have good CAT/MAT/GMAT score.

The Bachelor's degree must be of minimum three years after higher secondary schooling(10+2).

So you must have to complete graduation with minimum three years.
You must have minimum 60 percents marks in graduation to apply for IIT. There is also relaxation of 5% marks to SC/ST candidates.

Tuition Fees For MBA- 4 Lakhs(4 semester)
15th July 2015, 08:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello sir/ma'am,
thank you
No, one year B.Com degree in not eligible for CAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT examination is conducted by IIM's every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA colleges.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. For SC/ST candidates the percentage is 45 % in graduation. There is no age limitation for the candidates. Final year student are also eligible for CAT exam.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.

For more details about CAT exam, you can visit to the official website http://www.catiim.in
15th July 2015, 09:47 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

CA stands fr Chattered Accountancy Course which is a best professional course ever , If you are doing this course, Then i will say you should first complete this course then you can go for MBA in I.I.M .After which you will get a good Job with a huge salary package.

The CAT exam eligibility criteria , I had attached which you can follow.

The List of best MBA College in India :

Indian Institute of Management, IIM APost Graduate Program in Management

Indian Institute of Management,CalcuttaPost Graduate Diploma in Management

Faculty of Management Studies (FMS)Master in Business Administration

S.P. Jain Institute of Management and ResearchPost Graduate Diploma in Management

Management Development Institute, GurgaonPost Graduate Programme in Management

Indian Institute of Management, KozhikodePost Graduate Programme in Management

Indian Institute of Management, IndorePost Graduate Program in Management

International Management Institute, DelhiPost Graduate Diploma in Management

National Institute of Industrial EngineeringPost Graduate Diploma in Industrial Management

Xavier Institute of Management, BhubaneswarMaster of Business Administration

Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology DelhiMaster of Business Administration

Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management StudiesMasters of Management Studies

Vinod Gupta School of Management (IIT Kharagpur)Master of Business Administration
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAT_Eligibility.pdf(244.0 KB, 111 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?