31st December 2015, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for MA economics after B.A with 44%?

I have done BA with economics and maths with 44% marks. Am I eligible to do MA economics? Please give solution I am very confused.

2nd January 2016, 11:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for MA economics after B.A with 44%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done BA with economics and maths with 44% marks. Am I eligible to do MA economics? Please give solution I am very confused.
You have completed B.A in Economics so you are eligible for M.A in Economics.

Eligibility criteria for M.A in Economics:-

1)Those candidates who have completed BA in Economics from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for M.A in Economics course.

2)Your age should be above 18 years.
3rd January 2016, 12:55 PM
anuradhavadlmani

Yes of course. But you are obtained very less marks in degree course. The majority of institutions are asking minimum 60% marks (55% marks for reserved categories). But some institutions are done the admission through entrance examinations. If you are cleared the examination then you have chance to get admission in MA.
3rd January 2016, 11:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry it is not possible for you to get admission in MA Economics through regular mode with 44% of marks. Most of the universities demand at least 50% of marks at Graduation so it is difficult for you to get admission for M.A Economics through regular mode. However, you can try to get admission through Management quota or through correspondence/distance mode. There is no minimum marks required for correspondence/distance mode.
4th January 2016, 12:03 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The eligibility to study M.A Economics is a graduation from any stream. So you are eligible to study M.A Economics with B.A with 44% marks. The duration of the course is 2 years. You can study the course in the following colleges,

- Madurai Kamaraj University - https://mkudde.org/pg_courses.php
- IGNOU - http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutig...s/detail/120/2
- Annamalai University - http://annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/dde...rgl&course=015
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?