21st June 2015, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for doing M.A Economics from JNU after MA Economics from Punjab University?

i have done ma economics from panjab university.
i want to do ma economics from jnu from centre of economics studies and planning .
i have not done maths at 2 or in ba though i have done maths as one course in first year of ma
am i eligible for ma economics in jnu.

Related Questions:
  1. Should I do M.A in economics from Punjab University Chandigarh or MSc Hons in economics from GNDU, Amritsar Punjab
  2. M.A in Economics from JNU after B.A (Prog.) from DU with main subject as Economics?
  3. When will be the results of MA Economics Entrance exam of JNU? Career options if unqualified in ISI,JNU,MSE for DSE seat?
  4. Jobs after pursuing masters in Economics from Punjab University Chandiagarh? -- [New]
  5. Procedure to get admission to study M.Sc(Economics) in Delhi School of Economics and JNU?
  6. Results of MA Economics entrance exam of JNU and Madras School of Economics out?
  7. Past year papers for M.A economics entrance exam for the following universities?
  8. Can I pursue M.A Economics from JNU? I am doing B.A program from Delhi University
  9. JNU MA in economics: admission details, number of seats, infrastructure? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Syllabus for the Entrance Exam for MA in Economics of Delhi School of Economics and JNU?
  11. Procedure to apply for M.A Economics correspondence in Punjab University?
  12. Eligibility to apply for Ph.D in Economics if secured 44% and 52% in BA & MA Economics respectively?
  13. Eligibility to study M.Sc in Economics for B.A.(Economics) student?
  14. Eligibility to study Economics Honours in Delhi University for 12th PCM with Economics candidate? Best of 4 subjects considerable for admission?
  15. Eligibility to apply for M.A economics for JNU entrance exam?
  16. How can I register for B.A Economics?
  17. Is JNU providing admission form for PG in economics?
  18. Can I get admission to study PhD in Economics at Delhi School of Economics if completed M.Sc in Statistics with Economics?
21st June 2015, 04:35 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for doing M.A Economics from JNU after MA Economics from Punjab University?

Jawaharlal Nehru university (JNU) offers various post graduate courses.

The minimum eligibility criteria for pursuing M.A. (Economics) is that the candidate should have passed bachelors degree in the Economics (Honours) with mathematics as subsidiary subjects, Mathematics (Honours) with economics as a subsidiary subject or Statistics (Honours) with mathematics and economics as subsidiary subjects.

The candidate should have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in the bachelor's degree.
21st June 2015, 05:10 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Eligibility for doing M.A Economics from JNU after MA Economics from Punjab University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have done ma economics from panjab university.
i want to do ma economics from jnu from centre of economics studies and planning .
i have not done maths at 2 or in ba though i have done maths as one course in first year of ma
am i eligible for ma economics in jnu.
Since, you have already done M.A in Economics doing M.A in Economics is nothing but a waste of time and money. If you want to develop your knowledge in the field of Economics then I suggest you to apply for research related courses like a PhD in Economics or M. Phil in Economics. Being an M.A Economics student, you can also appear in UGC NET entrance exam, if you are interested in Teaching field.
21st June 2015, 05:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have already done M.A Economics and you are going for another same degree which is not a wise decision in any way. You might also face issues during admission if you are already M.A in the same subjects from a UGC recognized University.

You should try to go for a higher qualification like M.Phil or Ph.D in the same subjects if you want to study higher. You should try to clear exams like NET/SLET/JRF to become eligible for admission in top Government Universities.
25th October 2015, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

i have done ba with economics sub. and i have not done maths in 10 2 so am i eligible for MA economics from jnu ??
17th September 2016, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Please suggest me I have completed b.com (pass) and want to apply for ma in economics but I didn't have maths subject in 11 and 12 class. So am I eligible for MA in economics.
27th April 2017, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my BA in economics with 76 % at Bangalore university but I want to join to MA economics in JNU what should I do in nest?
12th June 2018, 02:08 AM
Unregistered

Can I do MA economics from JNU with BA programme degree and without maths.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?